Who stole it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
I like snow keeps them thin running things in spandex indoors and the world becomes mine all mine....and it's the only time my tracking skills come in to play :0)

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
I also lurk on a smallholding forum and they're dreading the onset of another cold winter. Guess it's not so much fun when you have livestock to look after. This'll be our 1st year with animals (only hens and table birds at the mo), but am aware how much extra work is involved when it snows hard. Mind you, last winters cold snap meant the orchard had a good long dormant period, which meant a bumper crop of top fruit this year, so from that POV it'll be welcome.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
This morning .................. it's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it's settling!!!!

Bring it on
Lots of the white stuff on Brown muir and on the hills above Kellas
I went out tracking midday and got soaked ace, but its lying on the hill’s above the 200-300 meters zone..

Last edited:

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Snowed today where I live. Not for long, and it was sleety snow, but it still snowed.

Colder today as well than of late, 3°C on the car display earlier, yesterday at the same time was 10°C.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Right....who stole winter?

It seems to be very mild for this time of year and this time last year we had all the snow chaos. Temperatures up here in Aberdeen have been into double figures the past couple of weeks. Some reaching as high as 15 degC.

Am I the only one who wants the snow? Most of my workmates think I am mad for thinking that.

Yeah im with you mate, after last years big freeze, i have spent a fortune on an eberspacher heater and heatshot unit for my defender, i suppose that guaranteed no snow this year lol, but i suppose, being Scottish, like yourself, we wont have to wait much longer.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Sorry guys, I've got grit. I've got good tyres on the Landy. I've built a hay bale sled for the farm. I've got a snow shovel and I've been reading up on snow shelters. You might as well break out the shorts and BBQs 'cos it ain't gonna happen now. The last 2 years our works Christmas party has ended up with me "rescuing" colleagues and getting them home because the taxis and trains were not working cos of the snow. This year don't think I'll need to worry.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
The Met Office are forecasting snow for the first week in December, bring it on, I'm chomping to get out for a snowy camp again

same here shewie, this was me last december, -14 :)

008.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE