Who stole it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Met Office are forecasting snow for the first week in December, bring it on, I'm chomping to get out for a snowy camp again

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
if any ones to blame its me....i'm sorry folks but ive just bought a snugpak under quilt,zippo hand warmer,down gilet,a hat and thermals in my egerness for the snow i think i've jinxed winter...my bad :)

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
This day last year, I was taking my wife into hospital for the birth of our son. He arrived 24hrs later.

The weather this day last year, in this part of the country, was identical down to the temp and visibility we have today. Yet look how it turned out last year.

Dont get too depressed at not getting snow yet, there is a long way to go yet before it's spring again.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
This day last year, I was taking my wife into hospital for the birth of our son. He arrived 24hrs later.

The weather this day last year, in this part of the country, was identical down to the temp and visibility we have today. Yet look how it turned out last year.

Dont get too depressed at not getting snow yet, there is a long way to go yet before it's spring again.

Was it this weekend 12 months when we had the big dump of snow? I remember I was supposed to be doing something somewhere which got cancelled.

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
Snow's forecast for tomorrow - we'll see, probably just the hills though. Not sure that it'll reach all the way over to you :)

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Bring on the snow I got one tick yesterday and a midge bite at the weekend in Moray.
PS how come if in 29 days we are heading back towards the sun (winter solstice) but winter has still to come how’s that work?.

Last edited:

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
I'm pretty sure we'd already had some snow here in West Yorkshire, this time last year. My running diary mentions rock hard ground, and an inch of snow providing a bit of cushioning. Got new tyres on my car so I can still get up to the moors with the dogs - bring it on!

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
I have a semi-off road tyre on the back of the motorbike and picking up a couple of bags of proper salt tomorrow (not the sandy ****e the Council use these days to save money). Plan at the weekend to put together a small survival kit to add to the normal contents of my top-box, first aid kit, puncture repair kit and assorted tools.

After all of that I'll be gutted if we don't get some snow! I definitely prefer sharp and frosty over wet and windy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE