What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

I've been meaning to have a go at connecting up a MIDI system for years but have never got around to it. I have a Clavinova CVP-20 which has a MIDI connection but it's never been tried. Can you recommend a PC/MIDI interface and some software?

(I am making the big assumption that MIDI is still used! :) )
Yup, MIDI is still used.

If you are planning on just having a play around first, try searching for MIDI to USB cable rather than coughing up a few significant bob for a hardware interface straightaway.

MPC Beats [https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats.html] is free software (Windows or Mac) that'll get you started with your keyboard.

Reactions: Broch

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
A pry bar, mattock and a long, heavy, metal bar with a pointed end and a flattened end that's sharp. Those three tools I rate highly. One for getting things out in the house, the other two for getting things out in the garden! Tree stumps can be a bugger but at least with the last two tools in my list it's possible.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Totally agree. A four foot iron bar with a flat top(mine’s mushroomed:oops:) and a flat edge at the other anda slight curve to the bottombottom eight inches. It’s absolutely essential to the garden and its fences.
An additional fourteen pound hammer is also good for the soul and for wreaking revenge on malign garden entities.
Didn’t buy it today though and the bar arrived in an auction job lot.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
The pry bar should fit in my edc-chest pack in the link below. It´s not too heavy (about 350g). Thus being at hand if needed. Chest pack 28cm long and pry bar 25cm.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Chinese/AliExpress matches on pots.

819A6232-2B5B-40D1-B747-5A4C5F1E6E60.jpeg

The pots come wedged full, hard enough to get a match out with warm hands. I removed a match to test anyway, it lit and burned as expected.

C4CE79B9-ED62-417F-AA8D-69EC9175FB2A.jpeg

The pots have glued on strikers, I an another patch anyway. The caps pull off and click on firmly so seem pretty moisture proof. Not as thick a plastic as UCO ones but should be fine.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
The pry bar should fit in my edc-chest pack in the link below. It´s not too heavy (about 350g). Thus being at hand if needed. Chest pack 28cm long and pry bar 25cm.
EDC? I think that the UK police refer to that as, “Going equipped……” and take a negative view!

Certainly in my nearest town, Telford, I would get a back seat ride to a weak cup of coffee and a chat.

CrispyDuck

Dec 31, 2020
Londonish
Finally got round to buying the Lavvu mod from Bushcraft Spain to go with the size 2 I brought from Colin, as they are having a sale. Arrived today

Attachments

• IMG_6684.jpeg
    IMG_6684.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Picked up 10 of these to see how they do compared with standard pegs or improvised ones. They seem pretty robust on first inspection.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 16

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Picked up 10 of these to see how they do compared with standard pegs or improvised ones. They seem pretty robust on first inspection.
I grabbed loads of them from AliExpress a few years ago quite cheaply for securing the beltent. A lot of the ground here is flinty chalk and these pegs don’t flinch being whacked into solid chalk. Flint…not so much, but they don't bend.

Reactions: Robbi and Chris

Falstaff

Feb 12, 2023
Berkshire
I've been retail shopping on Marketplace getting over my divorce, with plans to do some real trips and backpacking - ended up with an Alpkit Elite, Terra Nova Laser Compact 2, with 4 or 5 quality sleeping bags from zero to minus 16/18 C, 2 full hammock set-ups (something I've not done before), loads of bits, and for the first time a gas stove - to go with all the old skool Primus etc meths, paraffin and petrol stoves.

Reactions: Dogoak and gg012

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I've been retail shopping on Marketplace getting over my divorce, with plans to do some real trips and backpacking - ended up with an Alpkit Elite, Terra Nova Laser Compact 2, with 4 or 5 quality sleeping bags from zero to minus 16/18 C, 2 full hammock set-ups (something I've not done before), loads of bits, and for the first time a gas stove - to go with all the old skool Primus etc meths, paraffin and petrol stoves.
How are you going to pay your maintenance now.?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I know :). I was just highlighting the difference. I did wonder if the bar was part of your work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE