What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Interesting. I don’t think I’ve seen of one of those. I tried a sort of leaning forward thing that was supposed to help my back. It was awful - well you can tell, they started appearing on eBay (used) then in car boot sales, descending to charity shops within a couple of years. I ended up standing with the (then) laptop on a crate. A standing desk sounds like a good idea - a bit like the bar in a pub.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm really liking it, works well. I have to say that my hips are aching a bit, but i'm probably spending 70%+ of my time standing now rather than sitting so I think it's just a case of getting used to it after decades of sitting too much... The standing board does help a lot, it's excellent.

Reactions: TeeDee

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I had some stuff delivered that was ordered a while ago.

Some foil survival blankets to go in the break down kits and family day pack and a new fire mat as my soldering mat is looking pretty sad.
The fire mat is just a small fire blanket with grommets at the corners and came with a mesh bag that might be useful for something else.

1A0B2B9E-6CA5-4959-B8A1-616F57542F92.jpeg

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
A chicken.

Chicken stew tonight.
Look Tengu, stop copying me!!!! :) :)
Have you got parsnips in yours?
Definitely stew is needed with these temperatures of late.
I'm gonna chuck in a minni bottle of white wine in mine too. It's been sat there for a couple of years, as I don't normally drink, so it needs using up.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A chicken.

Chicken stew tonight.

Spike a Lemon a few times - stick it up its whoopsie ( into the cavity )

Cut a couple of slice of butter and slide in to sit just ontop of the breast.

Oil the skin and slather in some Paprika

Boom!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
But I would make it into a chicken tagine - same thing just with Moroccan spices and sounds better :)
Sounds delicious.
Mine is my favourite basic chicken stew. Lots of home grown herbs and black pepper, loads of root veg, good chicken stock, and yellow sticker chicken thighs. Bung it in the slow cooker, no fancy business. Just warming and filling.
A big food hug.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE