What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
bought before xmas, but arrived today :D

2012-01-18134902.jpg

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
just ordered a swedish army trangia hopefully will be here before the weekend ideally on friday when our lass is out so i can get it before she sees it :rolleyes: i try to explain by not telling her, i get a new shiney and she gets a suprise when posty knocks but she just does n't embrace my reasoning :lmao:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
?Do they make a non-serrated version of these?

Looks like a negative.. only the torch one comes with a optional non serrated: http://www.sogshopping.com/knives/sl1m-27.html

Today I ordered from Heinnie's (using my new BB 7% discount!):
Maxpedition Proteus - Foliage Green
Maxpedition Barnacle - Foliage Green
Maxpedition 5" tacties - Guess
Maxpedition web dominator - Coyote brown right?
Nite Ize rugged glasses case
Magnum outdoor cuisine folding knife - looked sexy for the price

Think I got a little carried away.............!

Had a little too much Rum tonight I think. Why is the rum always gone.. :pirate:

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
A mad river explorer canoe lol and lied to my wife about the price i payed for it hahaha sssshhhhhhhhhhh:naughty:

Just bought one as well - MR TT 16 Explorer and well chuffed with the deal I got. 2 buoyancy aids, 2 paddles & unused MR 16 for £600 - I was so happy I even told SWMBO what the cost was :)

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
www.golb.be
Last week, during lunchtime, I went to SportsDirect in Brussels to see if I could find those dry sacks that were mentioned in an other heads-up thread here on the forum. Couldn't find the dry sacks, but my attention was drawn towards the backpacks. They had some Alpine Lowe backpacks in DPM (Sarachen &Sting) and OD (Strike). I preferred an OD backpack, but as the Strike didn't have a adjustable back, I didn't buy any of them. Although they were very good priced at €112 for the Sarachen (to big for me), €80 for the Sting (to bad it's in DPM) and €69 for the Strike (no adjustable back system).

Don't know why, but today I had the feeling I needed to go back to the SportsDirect to have a look at the backpacks. Certainly I don't know why, as I was pretty sure they wouldn't have a Strike in OD. I listened to my inner self, and went straight to the backpack corner. All backpacks were still there, only the Sting was now priced at €60 as a "must go" item... Very tempting... So I called my wife and explained the whole story, and that I don't like DPM, but that it's a good pack and that I will probably regret myself tomorrow for not having bought the pack.

I have a wonderful wife, and I know she will always support me when I have to take difficult decisions. By the time she convinced me to buy the pack anyway (I'll only use it to hike in the woods) I stood in front of the checkout with the Sting!

€60 for a brand new Sting. I'm a happy chap now :)

BTW: I've seen lot's of 1st and 2nd grade ex-army Lowe Alpine Sting's with faded colours, both on the front and the back. Anybody any idea why this happens? Is it the cordura that deteriorates? Are they cleaned with bleach? It can't be because of the sun as both sides are faded...

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2012
essex
Got a zippo hand warmer in the post yesterday and fuel today, nice and warm in my pocket. better than the old one i got what takes charcoal bars. more paraffin for stove, used my last 4lts over xmas in my anchor lamp, gone up from 6.88 to 7.99 in just over a month. not many places seem to sell now days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE