What are you currently reading?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
1. Hot off the press: "Out Of The Fire". A lavishly illustrated selection of 24 metal workers that you will find around the Salish Sea*. I'm 10 mm into it, looks like welders and blacksmiths so far.
* Salish Sea: That part of the Pacific Ocean sort of between the south end of Vancouver Island, the Lower Mainland/Vancouver BC and the NW part of Washington State.

2. The Essential Cuisines of Mexico. Diana Kennedy. A meld of several previous volumes and as dull as a wet week. Culinary reference work.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I've just finished "The art of resilience" by Ross Edgley.
I picked it up on a wall in the street, attracted by the title.

He swam around the UK!!

There are a great number of valuable lessons in the book, along with a lot of fitness training (not really my thing). Amongst the science there's also a lot of humour.
Laugh out loud humour.

He comes across in a very determined, tough, curious, yet humble manner.
It's an easy and fascinating read.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've just finished "The art of resilience" by Ross Edgley.
I picked it up on a wall in the street, attracted by the title.

He swam around the UK!!

There are a great number of valuable lessons in the book, along with a lot of fitness training (not really my thing). Amongst the science there's also a lot of humour.
Laugh out loud humour.

He comes across in a very determined, tough, curious, yet humble manner.
It's an easy and fascinating read.
He is also very funny to watch on his YT channel - he is currently building for a big swim

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Ben Fogle, Inspire, life lessons from the wilderness.
I can recommend this book. I borrowed it from the library, but may have to buy my own copy. Written during the 2020 lockdown, it's an inspiring read, and has a lot of wisdom in it.
When I had a TV, I always enjoyed his programmes, and this book doesn't disappoint either.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living :)

It's a gentle, full of interesting topics, with lots of relevant advice and suggestions, kind of book. Quite enjoying rambling through it :)

1663879914767.png

Reactions: Minotaur

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just got an allotment and as I have built gardens and ponds before I know nothing about planting and growing stuff so reading these.
View attachment 76338
View attachment 76339

You'll be needing to visit these people soon then

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Good book, - I've read his other stuff and they are all solid if you are of a certain mindset.
Was a follower in the early days of his, was gifted the book and a morale patch.
I find him a very interesting guy, and without the political debate there's a similarity to Jordan Peterson

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Was a follower in the early days of his, was gifted the book and a morale patch.
I find him a very interesting guy, and without the political debate there's a similarity to Jordan Peterson
I'd agree - Male identity is in crisis. Anyway - pleased there is another reader here.

Reactions: Decacraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE