Mini Bow Drill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sat here in front of the pooter, bored, so grabbed a length of Hazel and turned it into a mini bow drill set.

I've not made a set for about six years as i've not been fit/mobile/well enough to use it, so there was little point in making one, much the same with this one really, it's been an exercise in creating a set and keeping those little grey cells working, it won't get used for some time as i can't currently get outside and i'm not about to use it in the house.

So into to storage it will go until such time i am able to use it, if i can use it that is, as i'm going to have to work out using the bow drill standing up as i physically cannot get on my knees any longer (hopefully when i have my new ones i will be able to again).

53635107268_b037823b7b_c.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice! Your carvings always look so clean and flawless.
Cheers mate, i just take my time and enjoy the process, the bow in the pic took me half a day to make, i just whittled it down using increasing light cuts with a super sharp blade until a super smooth finish was achieved.

Reactions: Muddypaws

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice bit of carving Mark. goodjob

Have you got a date for your knee op?
Thanks Steve, nope, not heard a word from the Hospital yet, they are going to do both my hips first as they are worse than my knees, had my initial ortho appt in November, nothing from them since, chased them the other day and still no reply, which is pretty much par for the course.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Fingers crossed it's sooner than later for you Mark.

My wife had both her knees replaced last June, it's made a world of difference for her. I won't tell you about all the trials and hoops she had to go through before she got the op.

The best bit of advice she'd give you is do the physio exercises you're given as much as you can. She's met lots of people who didn't and are now still struggling and wishing they'd put more effort into their exercises. Also order yourself some Bio-Oil from Amazon to massage into the scars, it helps keep the scar tissue supple and that bottle will last you a long time.

Reactions: Kepis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE