Weather in the UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
My son is leaving in a week for the UK, England, Scotland
What should he take along as a coat/jacket?
Would he be better off with an Umbrella?
Thanks CG

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
what are you implying?! no rain here mate...for now... it is surprisingly sunny at the moment, but i'm sure it'll be along soon, it rained last night *checks widgets*...and it's raining all week :embarrassed: oh dear, so much for that. these are spring showers however, and are frequent and unpredictable but not ferocious as they are in autimn. for general wear i'd advise a light macintosh of some kind which can easily be carried around, the extra weight of something else isn't worth it for the city right now, though it may be so in the country. i don't have an umbrella but i'm sure one would help!

ian

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Bushtuckerman I used to love that show! Stupid hat though!

As for the UK weather, well I'm in an area with a hose pipe ban at the moment. That said try this site I find it much more relaible than the BBC site.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/HOME/

That's not to say most weather forcasts are wrong so I'll go along with the bowler and umbrella. lol

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Ok guys,

your son would be best to bring either a lightweight waterproof or a light goretex jacket. It really does depend on what he is doing. Although it is now May the weather seems to be about a month behind where it should be so temps can drop and there can be plenty of rain. Its not unheard of to get a couple of inches of snow in june.
Hope your son enjoys his visit.

Cheers

JFW

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Son just left this evening will be in England tomorrow morning, British Red had a hard time but we got a bowler and umbrella for him will get pictures posted when he comes back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE