Vist to Tarp Hat importer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Just visited the UK Tarp Hat importer, Ana.

Whilst looking at them last week, I noticed they were not based to far from me, so called them up to see if I could visit them to try them for size and pick one.

Glad I did or I would have gone for one that was to big. I also wanted one with some markings, but not to much, so I could pick through her stock to choose one.

Then spent a bit of time discussing what she does and bag making etc. All in all a very pleasant experience. Came away with this for £24.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've had mine 5 or 6 years now and still love it. I wish we could get them for the same price as the street vendors in Brazil though ($3 or $4 or less)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've had mine 5 or 6 years now and still love it. I wish we could get them for the same price as the street vendors in Brazil though ($3 or $4 or less)

Mine must be 5 or 6 now. Only thing that's happened is the wire in the brim has rusted a bit, too much time in salt water and chlorinated pools on holidays. Just adds more character though :)

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye... Great company to deal with. Had to send mine back for a smaller size.. hassle free return :cool:

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Mine must be 5 or 6 now. Only thing that's happened is the wire in the brim has rusted a bit, too much time in salt water and chlorinated pools on holidays. Just adds more character though :)

I seem to remember buying mine after hearing about yours! I love mine, but I've had to glue the hem around the wire rim back in a few places - the stitching didn't last. A bit of superglue sorted it though. I've also got a bit of rust on the wire, but nothing serious.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE