vinegar patina

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
poor deprived people im not sure i could live.... no english suasages :yikes:

Deprived?! No, no, you're the deprived ones, having no strawberry milk, you have no frikandel, you have no kroket, no bolus, no oliebol, and you say you couldn't live here that's just wrong we have way better food than you guys:lmao:

Mar 14, 2012
uk
I've done it by sticking a blade into a grapefruit and leaving for a couple of hours. Nice subtle marbled patina ensues....

yeah loads of people on internet say stab it into a patato or orange but i guess grape fruit would work too how long do you leave it for?

Mar 14, 2012
uk
Deprived?! No, no, you're the deprived ones, having no strawberry milk, you have no frikandel, you have no kroket, no bolus, no oliebol, and you say you couldn't live here that's just wrong we have way better food than you guys:lmao:

well as im also half Swedish and go there at least once a year to visit my nan and granddad who live there we have fil and some cool cheese i dont know how to spell! and oboy (i think its spelt like that) so i feel a little deprived here too :( also they have 3 or 4 isles of candy king in most supermarkets and candy king is really Swedish and called karamel kungen over there!

Mar 14, 2012
uk

oh and remember the real ikea food and the heavenly meat balls! oh an the crayfish partys :p i bet you dont have that

do i need to make any one more hungry?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The humble potato can give a very subtle patina :D

EDIT: Just peel, slice and chunky dice a pan full will give you the start of a patina ~ and you won't be wasting a spud. How long to leave in any kind of medium will depend on two things ~ the strength of the medium and how heavy a patina you want.

you have no frikandel,

We have forkandle* ;)

... no kroket,

We have croquet and cricket (with varying results for both)

... no bolus,

We have plenty of male cows :p

... no oliebol,

We have Olly Murs :D .

* Might need a link for that one :eek: .

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

Ha! you call that food? you haven't had anything untill you've sat through buttered crumpets, marmite,haggis, white pudding, faggots!, goblin pie, black pudding, jellied eels, winkles, spotted dick, stilton and a full english ;)

oh and I almost forgot the mother of all sausages, the SAVELOY! Boom! beat that :nutkick:
and of course we have strawberry milk, and croquettes!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
and of course we have strawberry milk,

Really?
Last time I went to England, I remember being on the ferry, and while drinking my beloved Yokidrink as we call it here, some English girl asked me if a strawberry had fallen into my milk. She had obviously never heard of it.:eek: True story.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire

Don't forget the smoked eels!
t2801.gif

norca

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
leeds
just a note i peeled a bag of apples just wiped blade and left in a draw a few days later got it out and it had a nice black /grey finnish looks nice now just the scandi edge is polished

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK

:yelrotflmYou can get all that orrible stuff in Netto, or Aldi, or Lidl...lol :yelrotflm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE