trangia stove and mess tins [full kit] £14

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I believe the stainless is pots only. I would have loved a steel windshield and have seriously thought of making a replacement one so can burn wood. The design of the billys is top notch. Meths burner is naff, get a civvy one or better still make a pop can one.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Those Austrian/East German/Russian/Slovakian billy cans (seen them advertised under all those countries names) are lighter gauge than the originals, poor quality. I picked up a job lot in 2006 for about two quid each and sent them out as xmas presents to members here...felt guilty afterwards :sigh:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
You can force the Austrian cookset down into the windshield for carrying - no big deal. To be honest though I prefer the full SAT to the hybrid one shown here - the extra pan is nice but I don't tend to use it. Maybe if you're cooking for two it would be useful - each can have his own bowl for stew/soup etc. Or you can use one as a cup, and have a brew while the other acts as a lid to the main billy-can.

Don't worry about using the windshield as a woodburner - its true it turns a nice coppery colour - pretty! - and gets a bit softer, but I've used mine umpteen times and its still perfectly functional. I know many people like the stainless version, and I have one of those as well, but still normally use the aluminium one. It seems to cook a bit better - better spread of heat I presume - and is still very solid. This is no thin bit of kit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE