trangia stove and mess tins [full kit] £14

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
it was more the price for those on a budget [who isnt nowadays]
but it also looks like a good setup.
the video is very good the bloke sems to care about what he sells.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
It's about the right price. I think mine were about a tenner a couple of years back. If you search the old posts on here there was a LOT of discussion about 5 or 6 years ago, including ideas for packing, improving etc.

Dave

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
BUT....

if you type in sweedish army trangia on google images, they fit right down inside the wind shield....

if you look at the vid on that ebay thing... its not quite the same and it seems to sit very high...

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
yes.... but thats my point!!! hahaha. if it doesnt fit it doesnt fit! hybrid or no! if you want it to fit inside a pouch that the normal one will fit in then this is too tall!

The all swedish ones are like hens teeth now - I missed out on one last month and was gutted. But I'm modding my volcano stove now with a tatonka burner and a Glogg bottle to do a similar job. I believe the Austrian/Swedish hybrids do fit in the pouch - it just isn't elegant.

I

IBrown

I just sold mine on fleebay for £10. Excellent piece of kit but I got feb up with having to carry meths arround with me so I sold it and made a wood burner.
. But I would highly recommend it, jusy to let you know the meths burner is bigger than the trangia stove burners.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Looks very good and handy, how does it hold up vs a crusader setup?

It's a bigger more versatile piece of kit. But that is the snag, it is bigger and heavier. Great bit of kit for longer trips, but you need to add a mug and get the civvy burner...

DSC09190.jpg

It all fits snugly inside, but only on the full Swedish version....

DSC09189.jpg

In all honesty though, as much as I think it's a cracking bit of kit, I've carried it much less since getting the Crusader.

Last edited:

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
i have a stainless one lost the burner a long time ago sheild is in the loft somwhere but i still use the pots as my multi fuel primus stove and kuksa both fit in realy neatly

Pacman99uk

Mar 9, 2011
Manchester
i have a stainless one lost the burner a long time ago sheild is in the loft somwhere but i still use the pots as my multi fuel primus stove and kuksa both fit in realy neatly

Hi Walker, do you know if your stainless steel set has the same wind shield as the aluminium set? i managed to melt my aluminium set wind shield slightly using 2 small blocks of highlander hexamine when it was windy, the black paint burnt off and the metals turned a copper colour and its really soft now. I thought you could make a small wood fire in those??

im stuck now between ordering a new stainless set or buying a crusader set instead!

-P

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE