The ultimate bush crafters retreat !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What do you think the Mails motivations for running this article were?
The housing crisis this country is facing?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is another one:D:

The Cob Cottage Company works primarily with recycled materials and handwork lumber. Using local materials such as poles, bamboo, stone, and cedar shakes, our second cottage was completed for $500, and has been lanto's and Linda's home for 3 years.

4099000487_a610ea3409.jpg

4091151261_1f9577891d.jpg

4091931490_5dd3678dbc.jpg

Amazing to think this cost $500.

It would be great if you could get planning permission for this type of dwelling, and the land had not been inflated into the hundreds of thousands of pounds.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I'm gonna chip in with the thread Hijack...

Damn fine cars them the Mk2 Scirocco, I would so love to get another one if the wife (and finances!) would only let me. Had one and loved only a few years ago now.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Hell yeah! It's the Scala version too.

I had an electric blue GTX with BBS alloys and S/S pipes for a few years. Loved that car, cornered like a cat and made small boys gasp in wonder when they saw it. Only got rid of it when the heavily pregnant Mrs Ronnie could no longer lever herself out of the passenger seat.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I'm gonna chip in with the thread Hijack...

Damn fine cars them the Mk2 Scirocco, I would so love to get another one if the wife (and finances!) would only let me. Had one and loved only a few years ago now.

Hahahahahaha oh dearie me - oops

Liam

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
This is another one:D:

4099000487_a610ea3409.jpg

4091151261_1f9577891d.jpg

4091931490_5dd3678dbc.jpg

Amazing to think this cost $500.

It would be great if you could get planning permission for this type of dwelling, and the land had not been inflated into the hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Is that made from ginger bread?

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I'm all for being allowed to build your home. Good luck to them. Been aware of it for a few years. I would imagine there would be quite a few spoilers for anyone who tried to do it though...
What do you think of the Canadian Cob Homes?

I think that if you are going to go to the effort to build your own home then why would you let yourself be limited by the standard "house" design.

I love some of the bits in those houses - the kitchen with the blue windows was cool and as Toddy pointed out they look much easier to clean.

A cross between the two would be nice.

I'll have to post a work in progress during the build of this round house. I reckon you guys will like it.
It's being built here - in place of the old round house
http://www.ancienttechnologycentre.co.uk/

There is one thing that the cob houses don't have and Mary hit it right on the button - the magic - the atmosphere in a place like that is fantastic.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE