The third bushcraft mag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
I've just come back from the wilderness gathering, which was a little wet this year but still great fun. Anyway I had a stall next to a guy called Huw Woodsman (great name for a bushcrafter) and he was the producer of the third bushcraft magazine and I thought I'd let you know a little more about it.

I was going to subscribe to this mag along with the other two but because I'm lazy and they didn't take paypal I didn't bother to send of a cheque and now having seen the mag I am regretting it!!

Don't make the same mistake it's a great little mag full of to quote Huw "earthy useful knowledge" it's not kit orientated and has a lovely homely feel to it and it's cheap £10 a year (four issues).

So if you like your bushcraft with a dash of John Seymour and a sprinkle of Hugh Fearnley-Whitingstall then this could be the mag for you. I say make the effort send a cheque don't let this mag disappear due to apathy, it's different to the other two mags and gives a different pespective and I think you might like it!!

The Bushcraft Magazine

Mike

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I'd wholeheartedly agree. I spent some time chatting to Huw and he's a great mine of information, very friendly and enthusiastic. Get hold of the magazines, they're very reasonably priced and have a slightly different take on bushcraft.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Huw is a really friendly guy and the magazine is great, it concentrates a lot more on back to basic skills rather than kit kit kit. They're smaller than the others but cheaper too.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Would it be possible for someone to post links to the other bushcraft mags too please.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
Lurch said:
I'm another one who hasn't subscribed due to lack of online payment. They're surely missing out on quite a few subs because of this.
I've dropped Huw an email about it.

I had a chat with him at the gathering and I think he was given some really bad (RE: expensive ) advice but I think that it will be resolved fairly soon and paypal will be an option.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Have deleted original message I though we were talking about the BCUK Bushcraft Magazine which I've just ordered uning PayPal . There was no way of removing the post. Sorry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE