The Power Pot - Recharge your phone whilst cooking...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
This looks like it could be very cool!

Shown at CES this pot has a thermogenerator built into it so that you can recharge you phone etc whilst cooking your food!

_72168654_pott.jpg

http://www.thepowerpot.com/

Attachments

• _72168654_pott.jpg
    _72168654_pott.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 18

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been tempted to try one for a while now, sometimes it's nice to just switch the electronics off on a trip though.

Still BioLite money which is a shame

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
How much charge will you get from a 4-5 min boil of water? The more times you charge a battery the less recharge life it has, so regular small charges won't be at all good for phones with non user replaceable batteries.

Ed Edwards

Dec 17, 2012
Kent/London
I'm looking for a reliable power source as my Power Monkey Extreme; although great when I used to go to desert areas etc, isn't much use in the UK. This is an interesting item that would be really useful, however it says:

"Focus the heat in the bottom center of the plate. Avoid applying heat to the sides of the PowerPot, this reduces power output and in extreme cases can cause damage to the unit."

If I can't chuck it in a fire it's not going to work for me on WIWO (walk in walk out) trips as I don't tend to carry small stoves. Certainly not ones that I'd want to leave on to get a meaningful charge time. It could be good to sit simmering away on a Frontier type stove though?

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
Interesting but phones are the last thing I want to see in the 'bush'. If it's a genuine emergency I'll turn mine on. Seems crazy expensive when a wind up can do the job just as well.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Really don't understand this product at all. Firstly £120!! I use a 50,000mah battery pack and my trangia 25 for less than £70! Secondly can you imagine how much converted energy you would get from it from even a 15 min cook. My guess is hardly any! Waste of money and a silly gimic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Really don't understand this product at all. Firstly £120!! I use a 50,000mah battery pack and my trangia 25 for less than £70! Secondly can you imagine how much converted energy you would get from it from even a 15 min cook. My guess is hardly any! Waste of money and a silly gimic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, can't really see the point of the pot or the other Biolite stove to be honest...just my opinion.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sorry but I cant see the point... I get in the woods to get away from electronics...... so many campfires get spoilt by the tap tapings of phone/tablet adicts....its a shame we cant go back twenty years, when the world did not need to know how many socks you have changed, or what you had for tea that night.......

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Would it be doable to make something as simple as a lead with the magic bit on the end that you just stick in the fire, the other end goes to the control box and on to the phone/tablet, no need for fancy expensive pots or noisy stoves and you could just leave in the fire un till your done?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Aparently these are all based off some old Russian low-technology that converts heat (usually via boiling water) into power. I have seen a bunch of them on YouTube that are a pan with a USB lead on them. Nice idea but probably not that practical. I have a £30 TekNet charger that once charged off the mains will let me recharge my phone about 10 time of top the iPad up twice. Much more efficient, smaller & does the job for those 3 to7 day stays in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE