The Big Apple

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
i tried Adams Pearmain for the first time today and thought it was delicious. Then again I'm a russett fan too, but usually they don't keep so well. I thought Crispin was disappointing. I would go with the Adams.

The Adams Pearmain is arriving the week after next accompanied by an Ashmeads Kernel which intrigues me. We found pot grown apples massively reduced at a local nursery so got a Fiesta and a Crispin as well :)

Thoughts?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yay! I haven't tried it but I hear great things and it keeps well too. I hope with the new four that we can eat our own apples fresh through to March. There will still be a gap through to July then for apples where we will be eating dried and canned. I can get Strawberries in for June, but other than by forcing rhubarb, I'm still struggling to dream up fresh fruit for April to May?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Yay! I haven't tried it but I hear great things and it keeps well too. I hope with the new four that we can eat our own apples fresh through to March. There will still be a gap through to July then for apples where we will be eating dried and canned. I can get Strawberries in for June, but other than by forcing rhubarb, I'm still struggling to dream up fresh fruit for April to May?

I would have thought April & May will be crisp sweet young greens. Hard to get fruit about then I agree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE