testing the new anvil....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
You should post this over on BB aswell.
I also made an anvil but mine was made out of a forklift tine. I use it everytime I make a blade and has held up very well.

You've done a grand job there and posts like this are inspirational to others who are also a bit short on the readies to go ahead and make an anvil instead of giving up at the first hurdle of knife making(forging).
Well done that man.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
You should post this over on BB aswell.
I also made an anvil but mine was made out of a forklift tine. I use it everytime I make a blade and has held up very well.

You've done a grand job there and posts like this are inspirational to others who are also a bit short on the readies to go ahead and make an anvil instead of giving up at the first hurdle of knife making(forging).
Well done that man.

thanks Richie, as you asked so nicely i will.....

even if i had loads of ££££££ id still do stuff this way, it makes it more worth while to me....;)

regards...

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
turns out Ged its quite hard to process into a billet due to all the small holes, i will still give it a go and see what happens, i mean after all i can only get better from doing it...

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I would swap that lock over cos I have (whilst working on site) broken some of that style of locks with a small nail bar and a claw hammer.
just a couple or so hits was all it takes and the lock breaks at the sharp change in shackle section where shackle thins down for the locking bar to go into.
So far I've done about three of them and none of them have been in any way shape or form hard to do.
The better locks are the ones with the protected shackle.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I would swap that lock over cos I have (whilst working on site) broken some of that style of locks with a small nail bar and a claw hammer.
just a couple or so hits was all it takes and the lock breaks at the sharp change in shackle section where shackle thins down for the locking bar to go into.
So far I've done about three of them and none of them have been in any way shape or form hard to do.
The better locks are the ones with the protected shackle.

i know its not the best, but if they are going to rob it then they will, its more of a deterant than anything, the last one was not chained at all and was there for months, then it was just gone one day.....:(

oh well..........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE