Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have the same stove as Paul, it is a great bit of kit. It is only a problem with fuel if you are planning on cooking a big meal, but for 10-15mins for a brew and a plate of food a couple of handfuls of sticks is all it needs.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
How about a stove share session? I have loads of different ones people could look at, and between us we seem to have pretty much every type. Sitting under the tarp with lots of things burning away sounds an appealing Winter activity. I'd be happy to do what little organisation would be needed to do it.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
How about a stove share session? I have loads of different ones people could look at, and between us we seem to have pretty much every type. Sitting under the tarp with lots of things burning away sounds an appealing Winter activity. I'd be happy to do what little organisation would be needed to do it.

That sounds like a good Idea.. we are looking for a skill share for March.. :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Sounds like a bit of fun, I have 7 i can bring along
1, woodgas
2, trangia
3, gas
4, msr whisperlite
5, coleman multifuel
6, esbit solid fuel
7, Shewbox

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have
Esbit 1/2lt Cookset stove
SAT
Chinese Multi Fuel

Not really a stove collector.. as I always seem to use fire :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I spent a few hours today putting zips and cover flaps on my Berghaus vulcan, and have to say that I am very happy with it, I now have some where to attach the karrimor side pocket I got with my predator 45

BushDaddy

Jan 5, 2014
Felixstowe
I not really got into Woodgas Stove myself I have seen one that has a small pea can size for the internal can, that seemed to work ok, trouble is the amount of fuel you can have in the stove with out running out.. OK you could use Kitty Litter but I just cant see the point of that as you have to carry it and that negates the reason for the woodgas stove...

Kitty litter?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Also known as cat litter, the compressed wood stuff from tesco for around £5 a sack. If you can get it to light a full load in the woodgas will keep going un molested for over an hour.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Also known as cat litter, the compressed wood stuff from tesco for around £5 a sack. If you can get it to light a full load in the woodgas will keep going un molested for over an hour.

If you can get it to light! Too true, sometimes I've had to use cotton vase line balls and firelighters, other times just a match, I think it's the chemicals in it

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, stove fest cool. I've made 3 or 4 wood gas stoves just for fun from verius stainless steel containers I'll be happy to bring them along so we can compare design's. the largest one could be fan assisted, my son called it Mr turbo, I called it O MY GOD. All of the wood gas stove's I've used including the 3 I've bought have burned the wood fully only leaving to a very fine powdered ash. ozzy1977 the filling adapter was about £35 each but unfortunately by the time I'd made my mind up and found the correct units they were £100 posted for two, then hit by a £30 import tax. For something that started of at £35 and finished off costing me £65 was in my eyes to expensive at the time, but has now paid for itself and I am reaping the reward's of the investment all be it slowly. Carl

Hi, stove fest cool. I've made 3 or 4 wood gas stoves just for fun from verius stainless steel containers I'll be happy to bring them along so we can compare design's. the largest one could be fan assisted, my son called it Mr turbo, I called it O MY GOD.

I'd love to see the stoves you've made as i am only just starting out in the wood stove/hobo stove area. It's unlikely I'll make it to the march meet though. Any chance of a few pictures?:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE