Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Stu I was looking at those tbe other day, only I dont know how long they burn for and as they are alcohol gel how to put it out, I would hope the cap is metal so can be used to snuff it out like a trangia.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Would the Trangia hold enough fuel in it for two or three cups of coffee and a mug shot pasta with out taking extra fuel in a bottle?

Probably not, but then I would not trust the Trangia for carrying the fuel.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Trangias are fickle things, mine aiways leaked amd as it got older got worse due to the o ring drying out, with the new o ring it doesn't leak at all. Must try not to use it to snuff the burner and chuff it up.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Trangias are fickle things, mine aiways leaked amd as it got older got worse due to the o ring drying out, with the new o ring it doesn't leak at all. Must try not to use it to snuff the burner and chuff it up.

One thing I've found with the trangia if you snuff it out and put the lid on even if the fuel inside is slightly warm when it cools the lid is a b#@+£rd to get off

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Thats one of the mistakes people do with the trangia lid... use it to snuff out the flame.....it does muck up the seal...

oh yeah and of course the vacumm that happens when the meths/burner cools, if you cant wait for it to cool before closing the lid

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/titanium-esbit-wing-stove.html#.Ut7w6vvFLqA has anyone tried this little esbit jobby
8ade6yza.jpg

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Thanks that looks very good, I wonder how long it would burn for in total, I think a 100g gas can can go for 30-40mins and cost £4.50, interesting to compare as the m71 might fit in my mug.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Thanks that looks very good, I wonder how long it would burn for in total, I think a 100g gas can can go for 30-40mins and cost £4.50, interesting to compare as the m71 might fit in my mug.
Hi, if you keep your old gas canisters and they are undamaged and not rusty I can refill them at a fraction of the cost.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
I might have missed something on the response pack challenge. Is it no open fires? Otherwise would a firesteel and some tinder be lighter than a stove and fuel?

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Carl Do you have the adaptor to fill from the big blue bottle?
no its an adaptor that fits onto the gas cylinders that fits into the £9.99 single ring stoves, you can get four gas cylinders for £5. The adapter is spot on, transfer is quite quick but the gas from these cheap cylinders is not a mixed gas and not as good as the originals in cold weather. But I get over 8 100c refills for £5.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE