Star Wars Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Started watching number 4 last night, I figured we'd start there, worked for me, I'm not sure they're that enthused, they want to carry on (only watched 40 min), we'll see.
After reading Tengu's observations I'm thinking I might have made a mistake and should have started with the kids ones, although they make me puke a bit :D

Reactions: santaman2000

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Started watching number 4 last night, I figured we'd start there, worked for me, I'm not sure they're that enthused, they want to carry on (only watched 40 min), we'll see.
After reading Tengu's observations I'm thinking I might have made a mistake and should have started with the kids ones, although they make me puke a bit :D

Number 4 as in episode 1? That is the kids one isn't it?

Oh wait, is number 4 a new hope?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’m looking forward to getting the last film watched!

I enjoyed it. Like Broch, I think they’ve all been entertaining, with the occasional cringe (Ewoks, Binks), the appeal needs to be as broad as possible. Us adults who grew up with the first film can’t take ownership and expect the sequels to be designed just for us. My dad took me to Portsmouth to see the original and enjoyed it as much as I did, though I think Princess Leia may have a little to do with it. ;)

When you pay your £4.99 rental and watch, you do know you’re getting something high budget, it doesn’t matter if the occasional bit is annoying.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Do you reckon?

I've just had to advise some friends on the order to watch them and I just said go for the order they were made.

If you watch them in time order (1 - 9) then things like the surprise of Vader being Luke's Dad won't be there and the same for Leia being his sister.You would know Yoda is Yoda when Luke first meets him.

On the flip side, if you watch it as 1-9 then Palpatine becoming the emperor and being evil might be more of a surprise and you wouldn't know that Anankin would become Vader.

It's also a quality of production. I think it's a bit odd to start with big flashy modern (for now) of 1-3 then go back in time of quality of 4-6.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE