So Who's Got Snow?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got no choice, I'm a grit volunteer for my village. We make sure the whole village is gritted so all the old dears can get out and the kids can get to school. Some of them love us and some hate us. Guess which is which :p

Ours is the first house on a bit of a hill so I tend to go out and sort the road most years. It's nothing of a hill but it's a tight turn in and you don't carry much momentum to get you up, especially with fat slicks on :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Cant remember which winter it was i guess it was early 80s but the drifts were epic and covering cars.

There were quite a few winters late 70's and early 80's where we had a combination of good dumps and enough wind* (Hmm ...) for those drifts. Then, at the point where I could have taken advantage of it, it seemed to stop happening :dunno: .

* And a good wind froze the drifts enough to stop your mates from collapsing the snow hole on top of you :eek: .

Lets hope climate change brings them back :D

Amen, bit weird that a warmer global climate might cause colder conditions in the UK :rofl: 'Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday snow' ???

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
just been looking at the computer models at the met and they comment that we are 'in for the long haul'. Normally when they run the models forward in time it gets difficult to predict but at 24th Jan we are still mobbed by cold air and every atlantic front that hits will just turn to snow. The strap line was 'dont expect to see your lawn until Feb'

Bring it on as long as i can get to White rose Wood in my pretend 4x4

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Same here in Huddlyfuddly. I was in Dewsbury this morning and the clock/thermo thingy on Highgate bed factory reckoned it was -7°C.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im praying i dont get any,my wife works away and is due home tomorrow she hates it due to a bad crash on ungritted roads a few years ago were the snow had been compacted to ice,spoke to her tonight and she's panicking already about the drive home tomorrow, so im hoping it stay clear for her.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Im praying i dont get any,my wife works away and is due home tomorrow she hates it due to a bad crash on ungritted roads a few years ago were the snow had been compacted to ice,spoke to her tonight and she's panicking already about the drive home tomorrow, so im hoping it stay clear for her.

Everything ive seen says no snow in Scotland so fingers crossed for you mate

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
700 quid on new wheels and tyres for the Landy ready for the big snow and we get 3mm :rant:

Now they have just forecast 10" over the next three days :mexwave:

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
Non as yet here in East Yorks since Tuesday,We're due for a heavy fall in the early hours lasting till late afternoon tomorrow.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I got so exited about the prospect of heavy snow I got an erection in my garden!

Let's see if it's still up after a 10" dump of snow.

IMG_0178.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE