Skill sharing weekend. March 12th, 13th, 14th, 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you intending to come along for the weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

roy1

Hi Toddy will there be room for another 3 people ? I have managed to persuade my work collegue that it would be a good experience for the kid we are working with so I get paid to play. This will be my first meet since joining the forum so looking forward to meeting more like minded people.

Back to Basics bushcraft & survival

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Just a thought if anyone's got an old axe or billhook that they'd like the edge put back on or the bevels thinned down bring it along and i,ll show you how :)

cheers Russ

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Just e mailed them. Hope they have some trees left!
Looking forward to seeing you lot. What is the current recommended tipple?
Is it stag's breath/ dog's breath or whatever it was called?:lmao:
G

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Just a thought if anyone's got an old axe or billhook that they'd like the edge put back on or the bevels thinned down bring it along and i,ll show you how :)

cheers Russ

I might take you up on that if I may?

I've an old lock knife that a pal borrowed a while back, just got it back and the edge is as dull as the spine.

Aw the best neebs

Liam

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I reckon i might just be up for a day visit on this meet. I might stay a night at a push...

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Sure no worries :)

If anyone's got a cutlery drainer and they would like a fuel hole cut in it I'm sure i could do that to :)

cheers Russ

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okay :D
All confirmed and they're happy to know we're coming along :approve:

I've booked my own camp spot as well :D
http://www.comriecroft.com/camping.html

For those who have family who'd prefer to sleep warm, the rooms in the Steading are available at £16 per adult per night. Children half price in a room with the adults.
If you book a room and can't fill all the bunks, then the price is £19.
Several of the rooms are en suite too :cool:

http://www.comriecroft.com/hostel/lodge.html

Comriecroft has a recycling policy for their rubbish, and would appreciate if we did our bit. (I'll take extra bags along).

Firewood is available in bags, but George has to cut that all up and while £5 a bag is pretty fair considering the work involved, there's rather a lot of us.
I have asked and been advised that there's a stack of cut and stacked trees up the hill that we can use if we get them down to the site.
Volunteers and helpers would be appreciated :D

We also need some dead standing poles cut for the chutes.......again, volunteers and helpers would be appreciated :D

If I've missed anything, please ask. In the meantime my kit list is growing :rolleyes: ::eek:

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I should have the poles cut by the time everyone arrives but I,ll need a hand to bring them down what do we think the Ideal length will be ?

Cheers Russ

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I should have the poles cut by the time everyone arrives but I,ll need a hand to bring them down what do we think the Ideal length will be ?

Cheers Russ

Whos' 'chute?

At least 17' Russ,better with 20-21' I think or more.
We can cut to suit but not add on.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm taking my small one up, but Nonsuch has also offered. The one at Comriecroft won't cover everyone as well as allow for cooking if we're all under it.
I'm reckoning to get mine up so I have space to cook and move around without getting in folks way.
Means loads of space for folks to get near the fires too :campfire: :hatscarf:

How big is the Ayrshire Mafia's one ?, bigger than the one at Comriecroft ?
It occurs to me that they'll store poles so that they're available again.

cheers,
M

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Yes I am bringing my parachute as well. It is a single infantry parachute, so not huge, but will still shelter a dozen people, I would say. Will we have the usual firepit as well ? If not I can supply one at a pinch, or a cooking grill on legs, or murrika etc etc. Since I'm just down the road I think I will stick it all in the back of the Landie anyway.

NS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE