Skill sharing weekend. March 12th, 13th, 14th, 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you intending to come along for the weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blutack

Nov 21, 2007
Glasgowish
I would take it as a great kindness if the fishermen would take care; I'm allergic to fish.

You should come fishing with me then. This will virtually guarantee no piscine contact whatsoever, for the duration of the weekend! ;-)

'i know already that i can fish but i havent even tried anything else....

Yeah, I'm thinking that as well, and the same goes for canoeing. However, since it's a skill sharing weekend, I'll bring my canoe and a spare paddle / lifejacket. If there are a few of us with boats, we should be able to manage a wee half day on Loch Earn at least, as it's only just down the road.

Cheers!!

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Hi all,

Been holding back with this meet as I wasn't sure if I could manage but all good so booked my place yesterday for a pitch in the filed from Fri to Sunday. Will probably head up for lunch time.

Got quite a large salmon in the freezer so can bring that along. Look forward to catching up with everyone.

Vince

sc_steve

Nov 18, 2009
Scotland
Will be able to come along for the day (baby due around then so won't be able to stay over night) and don't mind contributing to the hall fees :)

Still warming up after camping at Comrie last weekend :)

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
is it worth having a bring and buy? i was about to attempt a spring clean out of kit and might be worth selling/swapping some gear that we all collect :)

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Stoo,see below.

is it worth having a bring and buy? i was about to attempt a spring clean out of kit and might be worth selling/swapping some gear that we all collect :)

On offer, so far
Fire by friction, hand drill and bow drill
Cordages
Bone and Antler working
Fish hooks, etc.,
Containers from Hogweed,
diy bush shirts
Books for a looksee, read.
Usual barter table
Sales table
Archery
Tension trays
Trapping, legalities, suitable equipment, methods and the beasts intended

Cheers Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Actually, come to think of it, how do we want to organise the sales table stuff ? :dunno:

I could bring a big sheet of labels and the owner puts their name and a price on it ??

Or do we just do the sales table stuff for an hour or so ? Once, twice ?? a day ??

We don't usually have this much dry space.

Typha described a trade blanket kind of bartering / sales he saw in Arizona at the Wintercount.......I'm sure we could find a blanket :D

cheers,
Mary

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Actually, come to think of it, how do we want to organise the sales table stuff ? :dunno:

I could bring a big sheet of labels and the owner puts their name and a price on it ??

Or do we just do the sales table stuff for an hour or so ? Once, twice ?? a day ??

We don't usually have this much dry space.

Typha described a trade blanket kind of bartering / sales he saw in Arizona at the Wintercount.......I'm sure we could find a blanket :D

cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,why don,t we just do like we used to at Achray,we could set up 2 areas one for barter and one for selling,we could leave them out all day Saturday,and if people label their items then people can make inquiries with the owners about dosh or goods traded.

I know some might have reservations about leaving stuff lying about all day,if they have,maybe they could leave a list of what they have on offer on either table so folks could have a look,and then they could search out the owner and take it from there.:dunno:

Just a thought.

Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE