Skill sharing weekend. March 12th, 13th, 14th, 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you intending to come along for the weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Brilliant :D

It'll work out at just two days hire.........and I reckon there's going to be more than enough of us so the price each should drop as well.
Budget on the fiver a day at most just in case, but if everyone manages along it's more likely a fiver for the weekend.
Camping fees directly to Comriecroft though.

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm up for this one , Mary can i bring my son along he love's the great outdoors ...

Course you can :D..........safe near the fire, other folks tools and sharps and guylines, and in bed at a reasonable enough hour that adult conversation around the campfire isn't awkward, and everyone's happy to have them along :cool:

cheers,
M

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
''I would take it as a great kindness if the fishermen would take care; I'm allergic to fish.''

i dont mind catch & release fishing but to be honest theres plenty of other things on offer, i know already that i can fish but i havent even tried anything else....think i'll leave the rod at home & have a shot at somethin new although i dont even think i'll have time to squeeze everything in.

i'll be like a wean in a sweetie shop with all these new things to learn. also it'll be good to have a go at things with someone there to ask if i'm doing it rite.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
i'll be like a wean in a sweetie shop with all these new things to learn. also it'll be good to have a go at things with someone there to ask if i'm doing it rite.

Yep, me too!!

The only thing I can bring to the party are chef skills really.

If it's smoking - it's cooking.
If it's black - it's ready.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I was thinking about taking a rod but I'm not going to now that I know others have issues with fish.

As Gazmc2 said, there's going to be so much else to learn and do I probably wouldn't have time anyway. Really looking forward to the meet :D

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've agreed to go there for a weekend in February (brrrrr!) instead, so it must be love!! ;)

We've hired a Kata.
Katy will be kept warm by sheepskins, a log burning stove, and lots of Tea.

Graham will be kept warm chopping and splitting wood for the stove and carrying water to make the tea ;)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We believe you :D

Folks we owe Graham and Katy for finding this site for us..........and Katy don't recommend many :)

Fishing; you are all being incredibly kind :You_Rock_ but seriously don't not do it just because of me.
I've managed with this all my life. It's not anaphylactic shock stuff, it's just hayfever and hives and nausea. The anti histamines are a permanent prescription, it's just if folks are aware that I have an issue, with a little bit of care, it saves any bother.
My doctor has the same allergy but slightly more severely. He loves fish, so he eats it with an epi pen beside him :eek: :rolleyes:

cheers,
Mary

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Nah, I better leave my rod at home Mary.

After a light refreshment I might get tempted to slip one into you sleeping bag when you weren't looking :nana: and sit back wth the :lurk:

It's my first meet with you all, I'll be on my best behaviour :angel: (this time :p)

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Ive got good news or bad news depending on how you look at it :eek:
I'm coming to the meet up as I confirmed it with my boss :)

cheers Russ

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, at least we know he'll be able to eat anything I cook :D
The only other folks I know who have this allergic reaction to fish are a young man from the North East, his family own fishing boats and he had to go and be a slaughterman instead :( and one of the Viking re-enactors.

It's usually the hidden stuff that catches me out, Worcester sauce has anchovies in it :rolleyes: and much though I love Chinese food, oh it don't like me :yuck:

Russ, that's excellent :D
It really is pulling together now :cool:

cheers,
M

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Well just to clarify,i am getting the time off work so its a definite yes i will be there.

Okay who groaned at the back,come on,who was it!!!!!!!!!!

And don't say it was someone breaking wind either,i definitely heard an audible groan from the back of the forum....:lmao:

Cheers Stuart.:stretcher:

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
At last a date I can do!! Yippee.
Can hardly wait to see you all.
Lift available from Glasgow if anyone still wants it.
Well done Mary for sorting this.:You_Rock_
G

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Well just to clarify,i am getting the time off work so its a definite yes i will be there.

Okay who groaned at the back,come on,who was it!!!!!!!!!!

And don't say it was someone breaking wind either,i definitely heard an audible groan from the back of the forum....:lmao:

Cheers Stuart.:stretcher:

It wis my kidneys....again..:lmao:

I should be there,swmbo is taking hols the weekend before.
So looking good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE