Skill sharing weekend. March 12th, 13th, 14th, 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Are you intending to come along for the weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
On offer, so far
Fire by friction, hand drill and bow drill
Cordages
Bone and Antler working
Fish hooks, etc.,
Containers from Hogweed,
diy bush shirts
Books for a looksee, read.
Usual barter table
Sales table
Archery
Tension trays :D
Trapping, legalities, suitable equipment, methods and the beasts intended

List amended.

Sorry Mary i could'nt resist.

Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Russ has suggested he might do trapping, legalities, suitable equipment, methods and the beasts intended, if folks show any interest :cool:

cheers,
M

Last edited:

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
sounds interesting, but I'm on call that week. Why do all my call out weeks clash with stuff I want to do, never when I've got nothing potentially planned?

If someone will swap with me - but it might be a bit last minute. If I/we can make it I could cut some willow or lime. Also got plenty of thick birch bark.

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
does anyone know if there's a place where we can do a spot of fishing?? i noticed a couple of bodies of water on google maps but not sure if we would get access.
i did try to call comriecroft to book & ask but got the ansafone, will try again later as i always seem to lose the simple ability to communicate when i am confronted with answer machines.....long pauses, ermmm & hang up quickly is usually the outcome!!

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
does anyone know if there's a place where we can do a spot of fishing?? i noticed a couple of bodies of water on google maps but not sure if we would get access.
i did try to call comriecroft to book & ask but got the ansafone, will try again later as i always seem to lose the simple ability to communicate when i am confronted with answer machines.....long pauses, ermmm & hang up quickly is usually the outcome!!

Loch Earn is 5 or 6 miles away, fishing very popular there with permit and easy bank-side access or you can hire a boat. River Earn (very close) has plenty of fishing too.

NS

Jun 5, 2006
Dundee
Its our (Katy and I) favourite campsite.
Friendly people, wonderful surroundings.
Sadly, This weekend is a couple of weeks after I head back to Saudi.

I've agreed to go there for a weekend in February (brrrrr!) instead, so it must be love!! ;)

Dec 18, 2008
Rosyth
uk.youtube.com
cheers NS, not too far so will prob look into it. Whats the going rate for a perit there then?
Fishing costs £9. These tickets are widely available at shops, post offices, hotels and caravan parks in St Fillans and Lochearnhead. Fishing is for brown trout, rainbow trout, pike and arctic char. During the day you can fish the river section down to the hydro dam, where you have the chance of catching river rainbows. As far as i know the only place in Scotland where this can be done. If you catch a char take a photo, because no one will believe you.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Just picking up on an earlier post from Doc, both he and I (and a few of the other attendees - Blutack?) are into open canoeing and could run taster sessions on Loch Earn or the River Earn during the weekend if there is interest. I know a lot of BCUKers think about getting into canoeing as a way of getting to remote places. If this is of interest to folks then I will have my boat and gear along and can drone on endlessly about what boat to get to start with / what paddle / Canadian wilderness trips etc etc

NS

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds good :D
We could use Comriecroft as a hub and meet up when the light fails.

I would take it as a great kindness if the fishermen would take care; I'm allergic to fish.
I'll take the anti histamines but I'd really, really prefer not to end up choked with hayfevery runny nose, covered with itchy lumps and finding my dinner reappearing :sigh:
All I'm asking is don't leave fishy bits around where I'm likely to touch them, or handle my cookpots and the like with fishy hands. Thank you :D

If Wayland is in the company, please don't add onions or garlic to any foods that are offered to him.

Anyone else have a problem with any communal cooking ?

cheers,
Mary

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'm definately up for this one, work permitting as usual, I will confirm nearer the date Mary. I'll try and bring some more freebies and maybe do a wee bit of first aid for any folks interested.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Re fishing, unfortunately the Loch Earn fishing season doesn't start till March 15th!!!

In practice, the loch doesn't fish well early season anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE