Sharps confiscation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
They say the best way to get away with anything is to be open and act like you know what you're doing. There was an occassion where a pair of POWs excaped from a NAZI POW Camp by having one of them with a tape measuring doors, gates, lamp posts, whatever, while the other jotted down the leasurments in a notebook. They walked out the front gate and across germany into the Alps doing that without being stopped. Another case was the theft of a USAF firetruck from a base in the Philippines. They just turned on the lights and siren and the gate guards stopped traffic for them.

Best urban camouflage known to mankind is a Hi Viz workmans site vest and a hardhat.

Jackdaw

When I first joined the Army I found the pace of life somewhat demanding. If I found myself flagging in the afternoon (an issue still with me today) I would excuse myself and walk back to the block in the knowledge that no-one else would be there, run myself a bath and lock the door. If challenged on my way there I would brandish a closed envelope and inform the challenger that I had to deliver this to (insert department that was in the direction I was travelling). I was never caught out and have passed on this little nugget of wisdom to many of my soldiers.

Do something like you are meant to be doing it, answer enquiries confidently and get out of the area quickly to avoid any follow up actions and you'll get away with most things.

Last edited:

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
It's a bit like saying someone who has managed to drive home drunk shouldn't be prosecuted once they have got home as they are no longer driving.

Mu understanding of that law is you have to be sat in the car with the keys. If you are actually in your house, strangly I do not think they can prosecute you. The point being you cannot test me now I have just had a double whisky in the safety of my home.

I do agree with the point of your post, you would be giving them the evidance to convict yourself.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mu understanding of that law is you have to be sat in the car with the keys. If you are actually in your house, strangly I do not think they can prosecute you. The point being you cannot test me now I have just had a double whisky in the safety of my home.

Tell that to the guy I know for a fact was arrested in his own home and tried that defense.

Someone at the local pub dialed 999 and reported him leaving drunk so the police went round his house. He claimed to have just had a large whisky and hadn't been driving that night. All the police did was wait the proscribed 20 minutes then got him to provide a breath sample which he failed, so they arrested him and took him down the local nick to give another sample.

He blew around about 120mg if I remember correctly so they were able to say he had had in excess of what he claimed to have drunk. CCTv showed he had been drinking in the pub as well as geting in his car and driving off. Ended up with 150 hours community service and a 3 year ban as it was his second drink drive offence.

Also you can get done if you're drunk and in the vicinity of your car with the keys to it in your pocket.

Drunk in charge of a vehicle

Last edited:

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire

Mesquite is quite correct, your understanding is sadly lacking - you would still be prosecuted but would have the available defence of post-incident drinking. This is however very difficult to run, and depends on not only having medical evidence supporting the back calculation of alcohol metabolisation but the driver has to be believed by the court as a reliable and credible witness in their own defence.

D

Deleted member 36581

I do agree with the point of your post, you would be giving them the evidance to convict yourself.

In addition to what has already been said, you don't have to be sitting in the car either. People have been successfully convicted sleeping in the back. Opening the passenger door and going into the glove box would suffice for arrest. This is because the legislation covers drunk and IN CHARGE of a vehicle.

Sent from my HTC One X

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE