Search limitations...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Hi

I've fallen foul of the limits of the search engine a couple of times lately, first looking for "cob nut", secondly for "ash bow", it says there are too many results or the search terms are too short - what gives?

Please let me search for 'ash bow' - I can't think of any other way of phrasing it, and if I ask the question again I'll get the old "we did this one 7 years ago, why don't you do a search...." ;)

I tried using "ash bow season" and it ignored 'ash' & 'bow' and returned me loads of stuff about herbs & spices!

Thanks,

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Hmm, I was going to say that putting it in quotes does work (I'm sure it used to?!), but having tried it again I see it doesn't :(

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Try searching for ash* bow*. You'll get some extra results as the * is a wildcard and will find "ashes" and "bowl" etc but it will at least give you some relevant results.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
try searching for "bows wood" It comes up with 4 pages, when you search for just bows it comes up with 9

Hope this helps

Andy

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
If you ever have a problem with anysite go to google and type your keyword followed by site:www.domain.com and it will search that term on that site only and there are no restrictions on size of words.. for example on google type ash[size=-1] bow site:www.bushcraftuk.com you will get around 40 results.[/size]

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
That's interesting. The google search must be finding archived posts or something. When I search for ash bow using the search box I only get one result: this thread.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Wait a min you dont need to include the quotation marks.. other wise it looks for the fraze within specifically and would find this thread onle. Sorry bad comms on my part there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE