Rspca

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
They do have form for releasing vermin, set a bunch of urban foxes loose on some land I shoot over one time and they were just milling about the place. It would be like releasing a truckload of office workers in the land of the African bushmen, same species, radically different environment and survival skills. I shot 26 of them in an hour.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
I have had ealings with the S.S.P.C.A. as well over a shetland pony i owned that was kept in a farmers field with a stable and fresh food and water. They told me it shouldn't have been outside. "A shetland pony shouldn't be outside " ? i asked, almost in shock. I then told him about 30 that were kept outside just a couple of miles down the road with foals. He said they were ok the lady had bred them for years.

Last edited:

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
They do have form for releasing vermin, set a bunch of urban foxes loose on some land I shoot over one time and they were just milling about the place. It would be like releasing a truckload of office workers in the land of the African bushmen, same species, radically different environment and survival skills. I shot 26 of them in an hour.

Why ???????????

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Would you rather he rounded them up and left then in your garden?

I asked why , I struggle to believe any organisation would release 26 foxes on to a single piece of land , even my children would understand that the ecosystem would not sustain that number of any predatory animal I volunteer within several conservation society's and am aware first hand of the legwork done before releasing any animal into the wild from which it hasn't been previously found

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
My dealings with the SSPCA suggest that things are much better North of the border. The SSPCA does have official powers and as far as I know doesn't have a reputation for abusing them. It's a completely different organisation to the RSPCA.

THat leads to another problem I've got with the RSPCA - they advertise UK wide, and despite repeated requests flat refuse to make any reference to the relevant Animal Welfare group in areas they don't cover. THey're happy to lift any donation from folk north of the border even though they do nothing up here, and leave the SSPCA trying to get the message out with far lower budgets. I guess they care about Animal Welfare, for some animals.

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I asked why , I struggle to believe any organisation would release 26 foxes on to a single piece of land , even my children would understand that the ecosystem would not sustain that number of any predatory animal I volunteer within several conservation society's and am aware first hand of the legwork done before releasing any animal into the wild from which it hasn't been previously found

Ignorance, I would think. The farmer insisted he'd seen them being turned out of the back of an RSPCA van and when I examined the corpses I saw that most of them had been treated for broken limbs, jaws etc that looked like the results of road accidents. It is actually a criminal offence to release vermin, but as with so many things the RSPCA seem to do as they please and the police can't be bothered to deal with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE