riflescope wanted!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
as the title suggests I am wanting a telescopic sight and mounts..
the reason being I have just recently aquired an old legend in need of some tlc and restoration..
I found an old weirauch hw 35 hiding in a dark corner of a second hand shop my head was immediately filled with memories from my teens of bunnies partridge and pheasants... from my late teens/ early 20's
the stock had been roughly coated... with some cheapo varnish and all the bluing has been removed to leave bare metal...
what a crying shame!!!!
it had not even got the open sights...
SWMBO has forbid spending any money on this rifle so I must do it the hard way!!!!
am sure any other members who found such a thing which to me felt like finding a vintage car hidden in a garage would want to bring this legend back to l;ife!!!!
but like I said cash is forbidden!!!
therefore am asking if any members have a scope and mounts... or even the open sights for one of these..
I have lots of items to swap... and barter etc..
any help very much appreciated...
cheers guys............

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Hi ive got a crossman 4x15 rifle scope with mounts its never been used just stuck in the cupboard its nowt flash no zoom our anything but it works let me know if its any good

andy

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi andy..
cheers so much for the offer..
I am very grateful but 4x15 would not gather enough light... not for the gun but for me... my eyesight is very poor and am awaiting corrective surgery on the muscles which open and close the iris...
i cant even use compact binos for the same reason... have to carry great big things!!!
to be perfectly frank I could do with something about a 4x32. 4x40. 4x 56 even
but thank you very much anyway
cheers
leigh......

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
hi liegh
i might have something knocking about that could be useful. i'll have a look this afternoon and get back to you this evening.
ade

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Did you get fixed up?
If not I have a Bushnell scope doing nothing somewhere.
It's a decent zoom one but I can't remember offhand how big.
PM me if you are still looking.
Cheers , Simon

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
I've got a nice optima moonlighter that would fit nicely on a period setup, lovely clear optics but had to be replaced with a scope with mildots :( 3-9x45 with mounts if your interested.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Optima Scopes

Now there is a blast from the past

I understand these were made by Hakko in Japan for Optima in Bolton, fantastic scopes , good optics

This was my very first proper scope and yes it was on an HW 35 then an HW 77 which I sent away to be Venom Tuned , used it for years in FT competions all over the country..................

Good times and some good memories af fun weekends away with the lads

You will not go wrong with an Optima

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
Cheers Steve, its been sat on top of my Super 10 for 3 years (since I bought it!) and its been a brilliant bit of kit but as said, I got to the point where I need mildots as I shoot .22 and I need to compensate reliably for shots out to 40 yards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE