Ready for an adventure in the snow ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Wahooo deepest snow for 10 years forcast I can't wait.

So plan A - put the snow chains in the car (Ok they are for a landrover not an ~MGB, but I'm sure i'll figure something out) Sleeping bag, shovel, flask of hot coffee, + back up trangia, water, tea bags etc - Ooooh better take a whistle too, maybe a torch, stout boots. Set out extra early and see how far I can get ? Be prepared to get stuck....

Plan B - too much snow (ooooh how terrible !!! :lmao: ) So put my feet up infront of the woodburner and read a book, naaa get out across the fields with the dog and doo some tracking, see what critters have been about over night and where they live... or maybe dig out a plastic sack and go sledeging, or build an igloo, head round the valley and take some photos.

Anywhich way ~I look at it tomorrow is going to be an adventure :)

What will you do ? and what else would you put in the car kit -oooh tow rope - that might help....

Cheers
Rich

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Man, you guys are lucky! We've had 1.8" of snow all season so far. Its been unseasonably cold (hovering around 5* F), but no snow. I've been waiting all winter to do some winter hiking; finally decided to just up & get out. So, enjoy, and know some of us across the pond are a little jealous!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Roving Rich said:
Wahooo deepest snow for 10 years forcast I can't wait.

So plan A - put the snow chains in the car (Ok they are for a landrover not an ~MGB, but I'm sure i'll figure something out) Sleeping bag, shovel, flask of hot coffee, + back up trangia, water, tea bags etc - Ooooh better take a whistle too, maybe a torch, stout boots. Set out extra early and see how far I can get ? Be prepared to get stuck....

Plan B - too much snow (ooooh how terrible !!! :lmao: ) So put my feet up infront of the woodburner and read a book, naaa get out across the fields with the dog and doo some tracking, see what critters have been about over night and where they live... or maybe dig out a plastic sack and go sledeging, or build an igloo, head round the valley and take some photos.

Anywhich way ~I look at it tomorrow is going to be an adventure :)

What will you do ? and what else would you put in the car kit -oooh tow rope - that might help....

Cheers
Rich

The local forcast is for heavy snow around 10am Thursday. I've recently got a full set of snow chains for my land rover. For the first time in my life, I've got permanent 4WD, diff locks and snow chains, which pretty much guarantees I wont see a flake. :rolleyes: :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yep... Its snowing here down in south wales...... and I was supposed to have a busy day tomorrow helping with a local environmental clean up..... I wonder if anyone else will turn up? If not I'm wandering the local mountains with dean :D

:)
Ed

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I'm currently pulling a nightshift (in central London), every hour or so I'm checking out the window for snow. No sign yet and its 03:28am, snow has been forecast for around 8am.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Working from home if the snow's bad today and going in later. Looks to be about 3-4" so far and still snowing so no real point in driving in to work. I plan to do a couple of hours work in peace now and then spend a couple of hours building a snowman when Evan (17 mths) gets up. :D

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Go sledging.

Then go to work. (I currently deliver pizzas so there will be plenty to do, as people dont go out to fetch their own in bad weather.)

(though this does not nean they tip more...not that the sort of losers who eat pizzas know about tipping...)

P

Philr

some of us HAVE to bl***Y work and thats right where i am looking on the site playing cards an stuff (its tough at the top) still as its England everything stops for 1/2" of snow and then its gone by dinnertime.
PS im not Twitter & bisted...go on enjoy yourselves see if i care.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes its snowing here, and i have the day of school wooooooooooooooooo, wonder what to do im thinking on going for a sort walk
leon

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Tengu said:
Go sledging.

Then go to work. (I currently deliver pizzas so there will be plenty to do, as people dont go out to fetch their own in bad weather.)

(though this does not nean they tip more...not that the sort of losers who eat pizzas know about tipping...)

Fingers crossed your tip jar will be full today then ;)

More than 2" already down here and it is snowing again - lets hope it stays white and I can go for a wander in the woods and see what has been gong about it's wintery business.

kram245

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2006
suffolk
I was hammock testing in the wood by the house last night. Bit disapointing as temps did'nt get that low. Minus 2 c when the football was on, then around 23.30 it went up to 2c and stayed there all night. Got some photos of the hammock in snow, though! Mark

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Got up early this morning, loaded car with overnight kit and shovel after clearing 3" of snow off it and set off for work. Usually a 25 minute drive, it took just under an hour. Nothing too hairy though, which was nice. It was amusing watching folks with nifty little sports cars sliding all over the place.

The big question now is what it will be like to go home. The forecasts range from it stopping at about 9am to it continuing to snow all day.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
This is rather gutting ! Yet again Dorset gets completely missed by the snow .
Enjoy it while its ther people , and if any one fancys bringing a truck full down it would be appreciated
Pumbaa

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Tengu said:
Go sledging.

Hey, I like my pizza although havent had a delivery one in years....Perhaps if more pizza delivery drivers bothered to turn up within a reasonable time scale people muight be more inclined to leave a tip. :lmao:

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
It's snowed something fierce here in Bristol. I took the day off work so I can go out on a little adventure. I wonder where I'll end up :)

D

Deleted member 4605

Nothing where I am. :( A good hard frost though, and I've just had to chase some sheep and lambs back into my field from my garden! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE