Ray VS Bear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
For me Ray.

Ray is the Bushcrafter, Bear is the Survival nut-job.

I'll happly say that I watch both there shows, but with a differance.

Ray's = Enjoying nature and living in harmony with whats around you.

Bear = Comedy, He dose everything you should never do in a survival situation. Hmm, walk down next to a fast flowing ice cold river or jump in and half drown then freeze to death.

The biggest thing though, when is Bear going to learn to sharpen his knife? Perfect example, the recent Romania episode. He makes a (blunt) spear, you see him hardly taking off any bark! I've got a £8 lock knife that would make a spear in seconds! The funny thing is the sheath for his £350 kinfe has a sharpener in it!

Dec 23, 2008
County Durham
If Ray and Bear had a fight, who would you put your money on?

Ray is a big lad and done Judo

Bear is ex TA SAS (stands for Saturdays and Sundays)

Ray could set an elaborate snare to trip him up and make him fall into a pit of snakes.

Bear would probably eat the snakes

Ray could whittle a tastefull prison out of hazel and willow wands, attractively bound together with natural cordage.

Bear can withstand imprisonment and interrogation techniques as learned and practiced during SAS selection, and training.

Ray is a cracking shot with a bow and a rifle while hiding in the bushes

Bear is difficult to shoot when in a plush hotel room

Ray is quite easy going so would probably prefer to talk things over in front of the fire with some pine needle tea and a bannock

Bear is a Christian so wouldn't want to fight anyway, and if they did would have to forgive him in a goodly diddly doodly Ned Flanders sort of way.

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
Quality! Just laughed out loud.

Osric and DanDan - respect due. This thread has now transcended its humble beginnings...

ladanddad

Mar 2, 2009
northern ireland
My wife says bears body but rays knowledge and equipment(keep it clean, you know who i mean)

My son 9 will watch ray over and over but think bear is mad and asks why did he do that

My dog 8 months has better, well not table manners but you know what i mean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE