Ray Mears, wild tracks and tracks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
Does anybody know where i could buy or view wild tracks or tracks. I used to watch it as a boy. Its the thing that initially got me into bushcraft, and if i can remember correctly it was by far his best stuff!

Ste

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The Beeb won't release them anytime soon. I'm sure RM has tried as people are constantly asking him about them. Sadly Youtube only has ten out of around fifty of the episodes.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've only seen the country tracks ones on there, do you have any links to the original tracks and wild tracks?

Ste

They just aren't available anywhere. I had them burned on DVD, but I can't find it since I moved house. I've ripped the place apart trying to find it. Twice!!

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
They just aren't available anywhere. I had them burned on DVD, but I can't find it since I moved house. I've ripped the place apart trying to find it. Twice!!

That old cd I have been using as a coffee coaster in the conservatory has got Tracks written underneath.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
That old cd I have been using as a coffee coaster in the conservatory has got Tracks written underneath.

That would be quite funny if it wasn't for the fact there is an old CD on the small wicker table next to her chair. It's buried under so much of her personal paperwork and crap usually, I don't go messing with it.

Where did you initially get the DVD from?

Ste

I think it was from someone on BB.

Gonna leg it home now to check that CD.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
ive got about 34 episodes in avi format, 10 of which are the youtube ones, they are edited to have just the RM bits
however they are recorded from tv on to tape, then on to another tape, then captured, so quality is quite dire at times

Al

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It looks like mine have been ripped off Youtube, I don't know what they used to do it but I think a Spectrum ZX81 must have been involved along the way, pants quality to say the least.

You're better off watching the YT clips than mine sorry

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
That would be quite funny if it wasn't for the fact there is an old CD on the small wicker table next to her chair. It's buried under so much of her personal paperwork and crap usually, I don't go messing with it.

I think it was from someone on BB.

Gonna leg it home now to check that CD.

I hope that's it mate, and i hope it still works. Maybe check back in your history and see who you got it from?

Ste

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've deleted PMs going back that far. It must easily be 2005/6. I'll check it when I get back home as I'm at my office now, I've just been on the phone to Emm and I think it is the one. Hidden in plain sight for three years.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I have a few on vhs tape along with the program he did with ewan mcgregor and world of survival, but the quality is awful.
I would pay good money for all the tracks stuff and world of survival on a dvd.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE