Ray Mears Niceness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
The oddest nice thing happened to me today. One of my customers is a motorbike courier for a lady who unbeknownst to me is the sister-in-law of Ray Mears' manager. Two months ago I happened to mention to my customer that I enjoyed bushcraft and that I don't have many heroes but do admire Ray Mears greatly.

Today, at lunch he delivered from behind his back a signed copy of Mr Mears' hardback book, Vanishing World. What a nice guy the courier is for doing this, what a nice customer of his for organising it and what a nice man Ray Mears is for giving me a free signed copy of his book. 'To Darren, with best wishes, Ray M' it read.

It made my day, so it did.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one :approve:

On the whole I find people would rather do someone a good turn than a bad one :D

Enjoy your present :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That is very cool!
I recently gave away my RM autograph to someone who aint even born yet! :)
There seems to be a lot of love/good vibes/positivity around at the moment with people I hear of being generously inclined lets keep it going! :):grouphug::240::grouphug:

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Ray is a star

I met him in November when he was doing a show in Belfast. After the show I waited in the long line to get my book signed and it looked like management were getting antsy because he had an early flight next morning but Ray, being the gent that he is, wouldn't be rushed and took his time to sign everybody's book and have a chat with them.

I was well impressed and thought he was a thoroughly good bloke.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Very nice indeed, he's done some very nice things, I had a mate in hospital years ago, he was in a bad way and my other mate Phill asked if Ray would visit our friend and he did, drove to Southampton and spent some time with him next to his bed, he's also spent time with a couple of youth groups we were camping with down in Dorset, took them out for half the day, completely free.

thanks for sharing your experience, it's a side of people that we often miss when we're reading and listening to the media.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Stuff like this puts your faith back in humanity somewhat. That's real nice, I remember going to see Ray talk in Tunbridge Wells when I was about 9 or 10, loved Bushcraft back then, still love it today, thanks Ray!

I got my RM Bushcraft hardback signed too, same message, I suppose he can't think of something new to write every time! :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE