Ray Mears & Ewan McGregor in the Jungle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching it so thought I would share with all.

[video=youtube;kE1W7XwYGKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1W7XwYGKk[/video]

Hope you all enjoy as well.

Colin

hobbes

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Devon, UK
Yeah, good programme. I often find these types of 'pairing' shows annoying and a bit contrived, but I thought this one worked well.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I enjoyed The Long Way Round, especially when they were in the far east and things were a bit rufty tufty for them, The Long Way Down though, not so much.

totally agree! was a bit hairy when the (very obviously) russian mafia guy came down the stairs with a guitar in one hand and a machine gun in the other! :lmao:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I enjoyed that - thanks for posting!

I liked the way Ray kept telling Ewan not to touch the plants and Ewan kept running around like a kid in a toy shop rubbing his hands all over everything. No wonder he was covered in bites at the end ;)

The thing I've always wondered about jungle travel is if keeping dry is actually impossible, how do you stop getting trench foot? I'd have thought it essential to keep at least the feet dry, but from the looks of things even that would be impossible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE