Pressure cooker oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Ok can i use a pressure cooker on a white gas stove on a optimus 111 plus do i need a heat diffuser under it. Now in the pot should just put the bake pans in dry pot or do i need a rack to hold off bottom and shoud there be a little water in there also. Any cooks out their o its a 1-1/2 qt size the bake pans are the mini ones

You surely can, if you don't have stability problems :eek:

You should allways use the pressure cooker with a bottom of water in it, except when cooking very 'wet' food stuffs (meat stews, fruit). as a general rule, you should use the (included) rack to keep all food off the bottom, wether in a separate paot or not.

In an alternative way, yachtsmen have succesfully used the pressure cooker both as a bread oven (with the pressure valve open) and as a way to store meat for some days in a hot climate (sterlilized and stored under pressure, valve closed)

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Ok got it but one thing ok rack in bottom for bread open vent now do i need a heat diffuser under pot so as not to burn hole in pot mine is stainless-steel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE