Pre Hogmanay site recce

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have a good site in mind for this, and the people who run it are friendly, helpful and seem pleased at the prospect of having us there. They have even gotten the firewood organised and have cut poles suitable for the chutes :D
Warthog1981 and myself have visited, but neither of us have stayed over. We were well pleased with what we saw though:approve:

I really want some of the rest of you to see the site before I book for the New Year, ideally on a stay over. My problem is that I'm working this weekend coming, and the following one they have a very large drumming group on site. The following weekend I'm working again, and then I'm away for a week........

Is there anyone up for an overnighter/ weekend out this weekend ? I can get up and bring the chute and firebowl, lanterns and the like, but I can't stay over on the Friday night and I'm going to be kind of shattered by the Saturday night, but I can come up again on the Sunday.

The site is Wiston Lodge, near Biggar. 50+ acres of woodlands, huge camping field, very basic but adequate toilet block. Safe easily accessible parking, ten minutes off the M74. It's 36 miles from Edinburgh, 40 from Glasgow, 45 from Ayr; the best route is off the Abbingdon services.
£5 per person per night.

http://www.wistonlodge.co.uk/

Anybody interested ?

cheers,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

I reckoned this site would be a good one for the folks from the Central belt, Ayrshire, the Borders, accessible by motorway for those from further North or from the North of England too, and if folks really want to canoe the Clyde is only ten minutes away.

cheers,
M

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'm not really free until the Sunday. Its a shame though. there's a tepee there that destined for the farm and I could do with a hand taking it down....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can come up on the Sunday, Rob.
Happy to help out then if you'll help me take the 'chute down if we use it.

cheers,
Mary

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
I would be struggling to make it this weekend im afraid:( otherwise sounds good :) climbing wall looks intresting, pressume there is hammock spots ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thooosands of them :D

Okay, this weekend looks like it's dead in the water.

Anybody up for this some other weekend or can I just ask who's likely to be up for the New Year there and book that ?
Comriecroft's already booked so that's out.

Wiston has a games room, about the size of a big classroom, that's seperately accessible from outside the house, that we could hire for £80 a day/night. We could maybe organise that skill's sharing workshop we keep talking about ? and a sales table ?

Just ideas.

cheers,
M

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Sounds interesting Toddy, I couldn't make this weekend either I'm afraid but for New Year this sounds like it could be a good option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE