Possable Hammoch Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
There here! Very prompt delivery. A few minor problems like the box being burst open but I still got all the hammocks.

The hammocks are like the one pictured but the colours are a little different. Still pretty muted but the thread is a little loud but will fade. I have measured a couple of the hammocks and the sizes seem to be pretty consistant. The lenth of the material is 2.82m and 2m wide. This is perfect. Long and wide enough to be comfortable but short enough that you get adequate rain cover from a hootchi and the like. Some of the hammocks are green with dark silver at the edges and others are the reverse. I do not intend to sort out the different variations so what you get is down to which one I pick up. If you have a special reason to need a colour combination I will try to help but I am trying to keep this simple for me.

Cost wise it is still not certain. I paid duty and VAT and that was pretty much in line with what was expected, along with a handling fee. My estimate of the exchange rate worked in our favour but the bank charged me £25 for transferring the money. The upshot of all this is that the hammocks cost £12.80 to get to my door. Now plastic envelopes are likely to be pennies. First class post would cover us for the replacement value but will cost £2.15. Adding this to the total plus the PayPal cost gives a total of £15.70. So the most it should be is £15.70 each for those in the UK. I am taking one to the post office tomorrow to see if there are any better postal options. Once I have done this I will confirm the actual cost. At that point people can start confirming if they want to go ahead and we can give out PayPal details etc.

So the people on the confirmed list are

Beachlover 2
TwoFourAlpha 1
Graham_S 1
Povarian 1
Sean13 1
Buckshot 2 - 3
Morch 3
Hubba 1
halo 1
grumit 2
Big Geordie 2
Daniel 1 - 2
Bumblebee 2
JimH 2
Led 1
Shankly 1
Charliefox 2
Underground 1
Bushman762 1
weekend_warrior 1
redcollective 1
rowen 1
Angus Og 1

MagiKelly

Okay I have checked and the postage will be £2.15 also I have bought the plastic envelopes and these were a lot dearer than I thought. I could probably have got away with normal paper envelopes but I do not trust them enough. The cost including the all singing all dancing envelopes is £16.00 (it is actually a few pence over but I feel bad about buying the expensive packaging). If you are ordering more than one it is still £16.00 each as I will be posting each hammock individually as more than that in a single package would be a higher value than the compensation first class postage offers.

HuBBa PM me you address and will post yours. Then once I know the cost I will PM you for the money, if that is okay.

Those of you collecting at the meet up etc will of course only have the £12.80 to pay unless you are paying by PayPal for some reason :rolleyes:

So Payment Information. Pay me through PayPal using the address John"AT"MagiKelly.co.uk replacing the "AT" with @.

MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR BCUK USERNAME IN THE COMMENTS BOX.

I will post the first batch tomorrow. If anyone on the confirmed list does not want their allocation can they please PM me. If you still want to go ahead just send payment as confirmation. Only PM me if you want to arrange a different method of payment etc. This stops my inbox getting too clogged.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Missed the Thread again :confused:

Interested in one but missed it as never saw when "possible " changed to "positive group buy" ;)

Any spare could you put me down for one John please. :) :rolleyes:

MagiKelly

bothyman said:
Missed the Thread again :confused:

Interested in one but missed it as never saw when "possible " changed to "positive group buy" ;)

Any spare could you put me down for one John please. :) :rolleyes:

So far we have got about 18 on the reserve list here and about 7 on BB so half way to a second order. I would take three from a second order at least as I am passing on three more than I intended on this buy. To be honest I could take more as these make good presents for those that are not bushcrafters. They are great for the garden and keeping kids amused. My two daughters will spend hours playing in one if I set it up.

My plan is to wait untill the feedback starts to come in from those on the first batch and if this is posative it will likely take us up to the numbers for a second purchase.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Hi John, thanks for doing all this, very good of you. I've sent Payment for one hammock. I originally said 1 - 2 but have decided on one for now, and would be interested in getting in on the second buy (if you do one) if I'm happy with this first one.

Thanks,
Dan

MagiKelly

Okay the first batch went off in the post this morning. I think the guy in the post office's scales were off as the packages were 7 grammes into the next postal catagory. I tried a few and they were all the same so I ended up just paying as it could be my kitchen scales that are out. Some people have already paid a little extra and those paying by cheque are saving me PayPal fees so it should all balance out and I should not be out of pocket.

Aug 9, 2005
Edinburgh
Hi
I am new to this site, I am actually selling similar enclosable hammocks on ebay and was introduced to bushcraftuk by one of my customers and have sold a few times to bushcraft members and received good feedback. I have hundreds more of these hammocks for sale. On ebay I sell them from £14.99 but can offer discounts on orders for multiple amounts. You can check them out on ebay by

Aug 9, 2005
Edinburgh
Sorry didnt quite finish my last post,
I have hammocks for sale on ebay and you can check them out by clicking on the community icon - at the center top of the ebay home page, then enter my user name into the search box - james101n and it will give you an option to see my items.
These hammocks have received alot of good feedback. They are great for camping as they are enclosable and come with a small packing bag, and are with ropes ready to use.
I offer discounts on multiple purchases £32 including postage for 2, for 10 it would cost £129 including insured postage. I post hammocks every working day so would be with you very quickly. My email address is ddhammocks@hotmail.co.uk
I would be interested in attending a Scottish meeting if there is one soon.
Cheers

MagiKelly

worldexplorer said:
Hi
I am new to this site, I am actually selling similar enclosable hammocks on ebay and was introduced to bushcraftuk by one of my customers and have sold a few times to bushcraft members and received good feedback. I have hundreds more of these hammocks for sale. On ebay I sell them from £14.99 but can offer discounts on orders for multiple amounts. You can check them out on ebay by

Welcome to BCUK. I sent you a PM about the Scottish Meet up. We would be delighted to see you there.

I have heard good things about your hammocks and they are certainly good value. The ones here are a little different in that they are quite a bit wider than yours, also a litle longer I think. Certainly once you add the cost of tape to these ones they are more expensive than yours. The style of these ones lends itself to replication the Ecosystem at a fraction of the cost but that is not what everyone wants. Because I am tall I prefer the extra size. I have used the Hennessy hammocks as well but do not like the feeling of being enclosed. I realise this need not be an issue with yours as you can simply sleep on the double layer of material rather than inside. It would be interesting to see a review of one of your hammocks. You will likely find that most people on this site will end up altering or adapting it in some way but that is the way we are.

When replying you need to be a little careful. This site is very strict about not allowing any advertising for commercial gain. For my part I would say that as I am asking about your product you should be allowed to answer, however, a moderator may see differently. Avoiding mentioning the price and saying where you sell then would probably keep you on the right side of the moderators.

Which reminds me if anyone is looking for a good value Thia style hammock I believe you can find them on ebay for about £18. I have not got one myself but I believe MBM, Fenlander and a few others have and so far the feedback seems posative.;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE