Please help to protect swedish nature!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Guys,
Jenny Strand was talking today in our local radio station giving a report on the situation to save Årrenjarkas old growth forest. The time to get the money together is final, they still need about 200 000 SEK (clicks on the web page) until the end of this month. She said that it is a very tight race but she was keeping her hopes up to save the forest. So please guys, all off you who didn’t click yet please do so and send the news about Jennys web page to other forums so we get the clicks together to save that piece of wonderful old forest.

Keep on clicking and keep on moving the news around the world to other bush craft people!

cheers
Abbe

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
If you clean out your cookies after you have clicked you can go back and click again.

Just repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat all day if you like. :D :D :D

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
It works! Just clicked 100 times. The number definitely does register as going up. On my last click it showed 746850. Will go back and click some more in a minute.

Treb

May 26, 2005
The Hague, the Netherlands
Oh dear, I just found a way to cheat big time...

Here's how:
I've created a folder containing ten bookmarks all pointing to http://www.ettklickforskogen.se/engelska/klicket.asp.
Then I disable cookies and instruct Opera to "Open all folder items". This way I can click ten times with only one click. :D

It also works if I increase the number of bookmarks to twenty. Now I only have to find a way to close all the open windows easily.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Treb said:
Oh dear, I just found a way to cheat big time...

Here's how:
I've created a folder containing ten bookmarks all pointing to http://www.ettklickforskogen.se/engelska/klicket.asp.
Then I disable cookies and instruct Opera to "Open all folder items". This way I can click ten times with only one click. :D

It also works if I increase the number of bookmarks to twenty. Now I only have to find a way to close all the open windows easily.
Another 500. Nice one Treb. Can't seem to do them all with just one click when I open them in Firefox, but it lines them up nicely and it's a doddle after that. I don't bother to close the tabs, just open them again and they get replaced.

My other half is convinced that it's all a scam and these things don't work. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not. Got nothing to lose by giving it a go. It's quite theraputic really. Anyone else gonna aim for at least 1000 a day? :)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
The counter moves up thats for sure but I am afraid that your other half might be right too. It would be too easy to be true I cant believe that they would not put in a protection against our little hack. :eek:

Maybe the sponsor doesnt mind either as he is paying for all the clicks, lets see what happens.

cheers
Abbe

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Guys,
My local morning paper had again a story about Jenny who is trying to save the old forest. Here is a picture of her for all off you guys clicking away to save the forest.
We are still short with clicks but Jenny is positive that they will manage, people start buying some trees and they even found a sponsor in US. Still we need the clicking going strong until the end of this month.

Jenny_click.jpg

Keep on clicking!!!
cheers and thanks
Abbe

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Motorbike Man said:
Hi Abbe,

Were you going to post this on BB, might get a few more clicks?

LOL I thought you where going to do it as I am not on BB anymore.
I forgot my password, I was only on BB when BCUK was down.
Could you please cross-post it for me?

cheers
Abbe

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Abbe Osram said:
The counter moves up thats for sure but I am afraid that your other half might be right too. It would be too easy to be true I cant believe that they would not put in a protection against our little hack. :eek:

Maybe the sponsor doesnt mind either as he is paying for all the clicks, lets see what happens.

cheers
Abbe
When I do it it says I have to enable cookies. So if it doesn't tell you that I guess you're in the clear... :cool:

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Today's click takes you to this message:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Abuse[/font]​
A couple of people are continuously abusing our click system by setting up systems who make thousands of clicks in a day.

However, all clicks made by abuse is erased from the system and both the clicks and the sum of money is reset.

The people who are doing this is probably trying to help the forest but that is not the case, it's actually the opposite. The abuse is costly for the foundation, both in terms of precious voluntary time lost adjusting the error caused by the abuser as well as lost creditability towards sponsors, ultimately making the foundation missing out of important sponsorships.

Please respect our click system, the foundation and its sponsors.

Sadly, I think we were trying to hard. Back to one click a day but reaching the target seems a little unlikely now :(

Treb

May 26, 2005
The Hague, the Netherlands
No such message overhere. Strange...

They do have point though. But they should have realised that there will always be people on the big bad Internet that will try to bend the rules a little.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE