Pancakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dinky_doo

Mar 15, 2009
preston,lancs
hi folks, im attempting to cook pancakes on an over turned tin can cut with slits and holes drilled in close to the top and placed over a lit candle.the tin im using has a few ridges on the cooking surface would a can with a flat base be better.
im having trouble with the batter sticking and burning to the tin. has any one got any troubleshooting tips. im going to attempt to do this activity with my cubs in a few weeks time and want it to work big time.
may thanks
jason
p.s if this is in the wrong section,mods please feel free to move it

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I think you'd have a much better chance of your pancake session working 'big time ' if you used a frying pan or griddle and a camp stove. I'd say you're weeing to windward with your current setup.

dinky_doo

Mar 15, 2009
preston,lancs
hi we have used long and short candles,oiled the tin and seasoned the tin but to no avail. i think the problem is the tin its a asda bean tin and has a seris of ridges on the lid so im gonna look for a flater lid.
thanks for the replies

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE