Outdoor mirror?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
Hello,

I have been looking around for one of these. I've found a couple of smaller versions (maybe credit card sized or slightly larger) and I'm wondering if anyone knows where to buy them a bit bigger?

I'm thinking around 5"-6" would do in reasonably any shape.

Another option would be a standard mirror with some type of strong housing? If anyone has ideas, that would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

Roefisher

Forager
Oct 15, 2005
The Roe Valley
I'm not quite sure what an "outdoor mirror" is. Do you just mean one that's waterproof? Bathroom mirrors are waterproofed.

I mean one that wouldn't break or deface easily. I wouldn't care if it was made from reflective metal or strengthened glass but that's the general idea.

Mark

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The mirror on the inside of a sighting compass serves well for a variety of uses.

t_medium-silva-ranger-sl.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I cut an ordinary mirror into smaller pieces ( around 3" x3" ) then attach them to a piece of thin wood the same size using duck or insulation tape around the mirror edges.........probably not very helpful.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
One outdoors mirror i made up for me. On the back of the leather case is a brass dee ring .

img1806y.jpg

img1805bo.jpg

Cheers Topknot

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Most make up shops have a variety of small mirrors of different shapes and prices.
I have had a small make up mirror in my FAK for years now, and it is still going strong. Cost me next to nothing.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I use a British Army WW2 Heliograph...

NujKQ.jpg

fits at the back of my belt pouch, takes up little room and does the job when it comes to getting insects and debris out of my eyes or even the odd shave. :)

I bought mine from Silvermans.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE