Original Gerber LMF Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
UPDATED INFO

I wondered if anyone might be interested in my Gerber LMF. It's an original version. I can't quite recall when I purchased it but I'm guessing it was around 1988 - 1992.

As the photos show the knife is in used but good condition. Has never seen any hard work and not often sharpened (as not often used). Not used for battening etc. The serial number on the blade is 023800. The blade is approximately 5 inches long and the knife as a whole, 10.5 inches. No nicks or damage to the cutting edge. Apologies but I've not yet had time to clean the blade!

The sheath is also in used but good condition. It has multiple options for wearing including belt loops x2, the ALICE attachment and the popper stud wrap around nylon web. There's a loop at the bottom for tying off onto your leg. I think that originally it came with some cord but I no longer have this (sorry).

If you'd like any more info or pictures then please ask.

Looking for best offer over £200. Also open to trades/swaps. No specific desires excepting I do like Esee knives, a good quality axe maybe or Fjallraven clothing. If necessary cash to make up either way.

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Revan316

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
wouldn't exactly call $100-125 on ebay silly money not for an original Gerber USA made blade (assuming its marked as such)

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Following a couple of questions about the blade. The marks are just dirt. I've given the blade a quick wipe as below. The remains 'marks' are shadows/reflections from the overhead light.

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
forgot to say the rule on here is you have to put up a price

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29

It's always very difficult with these types of forums when you don't always know people or are new (as I am). It's also made harder when some posts have scant words but I have to say your comments/posts do appear at face value to appear somewhat negative? Apologies if I'm wrong.

I've posted up links to eBay.com that show similar knives for sale at prices far exceeding those 'suggested' by you; although I'm not sure really why you made the comment in the first place. The poster that referred to these knives fetching high prices was a comment originating from personal experience of selling one so, has validity. However, I would once again thank you for making reference to eBay as I hadn't originally thought of searching there. And it has now made me think I might list the item over there, particularly as these knives do appear to sell infrequently.

I've looked at the link you posted in your most recent comment. It does not say that adding a price is obligatory/mandatory. What it does say is:

Some guidelines that might help things run smoothly:

- price is then a point made in a list of items.

Referring back to the above and earlier comments I really don't know the value of the item. I undertook the usual 'google' research and UK-wise it turned up nothing of help, hence the reason why I said I'm open to offers or trades.

My small/low post count would indicate that I'm a new boy here. Maybe a polite PM might have been a more suitable 'beast' for you to have used in this instance - albeit I don't agree with your assertion. So again, I don't really know why you've made this post/comment either?

Once again, apologies if I've not gotten the correct measure of you. As I've said not knowing you and given the brevity of the two posts I could be well off the mark but perhaps if you have no interest in purchasing the item it might be well to just move on to the next thread?

Perhaps the thread can now get back on track?

Best wishes,
Richy3333

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Richy3333 corso wouldn't have meant any harm by his posts mate. Sales threads on here do tend to get a few comments/chit chat on them

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Richy3333 corso wouldn't have meant any harm by his posts mate. Sales threads on here do tend to get a few comments/chit chat on them

Yeah, fair enough. As I said its difficult to judge where someone's coming from. I'm on other forums and you just get trolls who have nothing better to do in life it seams than post negative stuff. I'm NOT suggesting Corso is a troll btw. I've also moderated on forums so know what a difficult job it can be.

Thanks all

Last laughs on me as I didn't realise eBay don't allow the sale of knives!

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Yeah, fair enough. As I said its difficult to judge where someone's coming from. I'm on other forums and you just get trolls who have nothing better to do in life it seams than post negative stuff. I'm NOT suggesting Corso is a troll btw. I've also moderated on forums so know what a difficult job it can be.

Thanks all

Last laughs on me as I didn't realise eBay don't allow the sale of knives!

Not true here is only one example.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RK-315-B-...03494ca944001cf76dbb53&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
You'll easily get £200 from someone in the UK.

I have one with a brown sheath and handle material and won't part with it. I love the blade profile.

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE