Old Town Pack canoe.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Old Town Pack solo canoe - 12ft long, 33lb.
Pick up or delivered within the Glasgow area.

Laced at the ends for lashing down gear or airbags. Lacing ends left long as tie-on points for paddles, rods, etc.
End loops.
Foam seat pad.

Fairly heavy wear on underside but nothing too bad. The ends were well through the gellcoat so I build up the worn areas with an epoxy mix(West Systems and heavy on the mircofibres), sanded it down to shape then to protect the actual build-up put on some rubber plates.
Liked the way the plates firmed the ends up so put a set inside as well. There was no need for them, I just felt like adding them.

While quite tough these plates will wear in time. I'll include the template and enough material to make another couple of sets in the future.

Also included is a 60" Bending Branches Ottertail paddle. Varnish worn on the shaft but in good condition overall. Nice paddle that suits the boat well.

Also included are a pair of end spraydecks for use in rivers/choppy conditions(or for just keeping rain off your gear). See this thread for pics of the decks and down the bottom of the thread are lots of photos of the canoe too.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85821

Great wee boat with years of life left in her. - £320 SOLD

Here are some more photos:

Pack1.jpg

Pack2.jpg

Pack3.jpg

Pack4.jpg

Pack5.jpg

Pack6.jpg

Endorsed by Adventure Puppy{not included}.

Pack7.jpg

:)
Josh

Last edited:

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
I would like this please, but I'll need to get some things organised to make it work - I'll PM you.

Cheers

Matt

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That's her sold and bound for waters new. :sadwavey:

I'm guessing Ratbag spends the rest of the evening looking at maps. :D

Know what you mean Gill but I don't have to cart the canoe up three flights of stairs any more so it's main feature isn't as relevant anymore.
...and I've kind of done my whitewater bit I think.
....and the Pack's so bloody convenient that it's been stopping me lifting the MacGregor then I get on the water and sometimes regret it.
.....and there's room in my life for a Yellowstone Solo someday. It's not like I'm giving up paddling. :)
(I'll miss it of course.)

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Payment just sent. I'm very excited - just need to find time to go and fetch her now!

I'm off to Hay-on-Wye for a week now, so hopefully should get some paddling done on the Wye, brush up on some very rusty skills :)

Paddling opportunities in West Yorks, anyone?

Cheers

Rat

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
its worth trying some couriers ,i phoned around before and got a company to deliver one from Norfolk for around £70

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Thanks for the tip. I'm trying to get the time to get some paddling in whilst on the collection run tho... :)

Rat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE