Norway Jan 2013 -Planning and Preparation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Andy how do you find the sizing of these packboots? I mean are they sized to accomodate sock layers or do you need to "Size up".

PS Good luck with the trip guys, enjoying following this thread and preparation.

If anything they are sized large. I normally take a 10-10.5, so went with the US 12 (UK11). And still have plenty of space with 2 pairs of thickish socks on!

Varangian

Dec 28, 2012
Norway
Temperatures has been dropping the last couple of days, but it's still very icy. If we could get some snow now, it would be very nice.
I haven't been out in Nordmarka lately, but I live in Oslo. It should be even nicer (colder) out there.

I mentioned this in my introduction thread, but I'll say it again. If you need someone to contact while in Oslo, just PM me before you leave UK. I'm also off this week, so maybe I'll get around doing a recce... No promises though, you know real life and stuff...

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Temperatures has been dropping the last couple of days, but it's still very icy. If we could get some snow now, it would be very nice.
I haven't been out in Nordmarka lately, but I live in Oslo. It should be even nicer (colder) out there.

I mentioned this in my introduction thread, but I'll say it again. If you need someone to contact while in Oslo, just PM me before you leave UK. I'm also off this week, so maybe I'll get around doing a recce... No promises though, you know real life and stuff...

Thanks for the update, and for the offer, less than two days to go now. :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hmm - I'm beginning to think I really ought to start packing properly now, and work on the sledge/pulk:) I'm also thinking that i really should have found time to put up my new tent to ensure no horrendous rips in it, and burnt in the stove (and much more importantly, the 10ft Ti stovepipe) before I go - ah well, nothing can go wrong, surely....................

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hmm - I'm beginning to think I really ought to start packing properly now, and work on the sledge/pulk:) I'm also thinking that i really should have found time to put up my new tent to ensure no horrendous rips in it, and burnt in the stove (and much more importantly, the 10ft Ti stovepipe) before I go - ah well, nothing can go wrong, surely....................

[video=youtube;0A5t5_O8hdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA[/video]

Varangian

Dec 28, 2012
Norway
It's looking better weather-wise now. We had some snow last night, but it's quite mild temperatures again.
I'll take a quick trip up to Sognsvann now and give you an update later.

Varangian

Dec 28, 2012
Norway
Just got back from Sognsvann, and I think you'll be happy about the conditions up there. It's still mild, but seemed dry. Beware of invisible icy patches under the snow. It also gets dark quite early, bring headlamps!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just got back from Sognsvann, and I think you'll be happy about the conditions up there. It's still mild, but seemed dry. Beware of invisible icy patches under the snow. It also gets dark quite early, bring headlamps!

Many thanks for the recce and the up to date info. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE