Norway Jan 2013 -Planning and Preparation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Many thanks for the update :)

As you say theres not a lot we can do about mild weather it wont stop me having fun though :cool:.

How I look at it if theres ice the pulk with move its only a short-ish move to our planned base area once were set up were away :camping:.

Andy, If you want to move up to the lake with us as it will make your life easier your welcome to , you can then move to a bit of the lake that suit you :27:as and when .

This to me is part or the fun of our trips roll with the punchs :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Twodogs

Hi Cliff..................

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
mild weather it wont stop me having fun though. How I look at it if theres ice the pulk with move its only a short-ish move to our planned base area once were set up were away .

This to me is part or the fun of our trips roll with the punchs :)
Twodogs

Nicely said

Days to do..... 3 and a wake up call

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Happy new you to you all two work days to go yea I need to get rid of this cough Grrrr drinking cough sirup and popping flue pills multivitamins and extra Vitamin C

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well Cliff and all you lads, all the very best wishes for a wonderful trip, breaks my heart to realise there is no hope of me ever doing something similar but you can bet your last quid I'm look forward to all the photo's and VIDEO clips of this one.

Have a wonderful time and a great 2013, keep the faith and keep safe :)

Richard

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Well, I've started packing! Still need to finish (ie start) sled mods, but at least I've managed to find the correct stoves! Luckily I still have plenty of time before the flight, so I'm taking tomorrow off to drop Mother-in-law back to Manchester.

Must also start thinking about food..............

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Well, I've started packing! Still need to finish (ie start) sled mods, but at least I've managed to find the correct stoves! Luckily I still have plenty of time before the flight, so I'm taking tomorrow off to drop Mother-in-law back to Manchester.

Must also start thinking about food..............

No worries, plenty of time left :rolleyes:

:lmao:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Well Cliff and all you lads, all the very best wishes for a wonderful trip, breaks my heart to realise there is no hope of me ever doing something similar but you can bet your last quid I'm look forward to all the photo's and VIDEO clips of this one.

Richard

Oh, I dunno Rik! I'm over 60, overweight, smoke too much, knees and elbows knackered from way too much full-contact sport in my youth, one metal hip, the other one way overdue for the same treatment, and just to make life perfect, still feeling the torn calf muscle. Lucky I'm only having to carry/drag 100+lbs of stuff a few miles:)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

Richard

Cheers Richard,

This has the makings of the best trip yet.

Photos at a push, my camera plays up in mild conditions, and no chance of a video either :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Richard said:

and

AndyBB said:
Oh, I dunno Rik! I'm over 60, overweight, smoke too much, knees and elbows knackered from way too much full-contact sport in my youth, one metal hip, the other one way overdue for the same treatment, and just to make life perfect, still feeling the torn calf muscle. Lucky I'm only having to carry/drag 100+lbs of stuff a few miles

I'm with Andy here, Richard. There's no reason why you can't go camping in the snow.You've just to adapt your travelling to suit your limitatations. You don't have the monopoly on knackered-old-fartyness; there's others here who are well past our best, but still make some effort to get out and about. If you can make it to a parayurt in Sennybridge, you can make it to a lavvu somewhere in Norway. You can do it if you want to.

Edit: Pardon me for going off-topic. All the very best to you all on your trip.

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
and

I'm with Andy here, Richard. There's no reason why you can't go camping in the snow.You've just to adapt your travelling to suit your limitatations. You don't have the monopoly on knackered-old-fartyness; there's others here who are well past our best, but still make some effort to get out and about. If you can make it to a parayurt in Sennybridge, you can make it to a lavvu somewhere in Norway. You can do it if you want to.

Edit: Pardon me for going off-topic. All the very best to you all on your trip.

Not at all, and thanks.

I'd also say to Rik - get some youngster to carry your kit.... I am :naughty:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Cheers guys for the interest in our trip and for wishing us a good trip. Martin I know why I was invited to join you now, don't worry I have space on my pulk. I found to tow loop Clive put on the back of my pulk so I guess it's not only my pulk ill be pulling :(

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Not long to go now, fingers crossed the weather dips and you have snow. Stay safe and have fun lads, it'll be a week to remember I'm sure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE