Norway Jan 2013 -Planning and Preparation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
It changes quick.
0C last night, -11C this morning.
It looks like its only for a few days over the weekend, and then it will cool down a bit again.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Good news ,
Thanks for the update , Will the lakes be solid yet?

Are you still dropping in if so I will PM you our perposed location then confirm it with a text when we are in place .

Twodogs

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Not sure how the ice is in Nordmarka. My neighbour was out ice fishing yesterday, some 40km north of Nordmarka and at slightly higher altitude, and he said the ice was approx 20cm thick. So I guess the smaller lakes at least will be frozen.

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Just when you think your done theres more to prep :)

I have no problem using other peoples ideas so after seeing Wayland and Forestwalkers method of carring there mitts I asked Mrs Twodogs to make me a set up ,

004-8.jpg

006-6.jpg

I used two alpkit clippers and some paracord from a heavy drop chute ,

Cheers for the Idea Gents :)

Next a carry cord for axe & saw combo the bit of para cord it came with didnt work for me :p,

001-13.jpg

Also sown a badge on my flask holder just to identify mine as we are all using them :rolleyes:

Happy days

Not long now

Twodogs

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well not long to go before adventure time.
I hope you all have a goodand safe journey and enjoy every second of it.
Looking forward to the stories and tales when you return.

Oh and im as jealous as hell that your all going.
Take care and have fun.

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Dont expect to much guys. The weather is absolute crap at the moment. Very heavy rain, **** rotten snow and very icy on the roads and slopes. Its thawing like crazy at the momnent.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Dont expect to much guys. The weather is absolute crap at the moment. Very heavy rain, **** rotten snow and very icy on the roads and slopes. Its thawing like crazy at the momnent.

Noooo :( cheers for the update hope it changes to snow by Friday.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Oh !@#$%^

If there's no snow, I'm going to seriously have to reconsider my luggage structure! Maybe I can buy a wheelbarrow in Oslo?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Seriously, guys, looking at the 10-day forecast, it looks like snow will only be falling towards the end of next week. If there's no snow, dragging the pulk is going to be a bit of an issue, and my gear at least is aimed at serious low temps and lots of snow! Thoughts?

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
I don't expect the snow to dissapear, but the conditions will probably be icy.
It looks like the temperatures will drop a bit over the weekend of your arrival.
I asked around and the lakes are frozen over, but the weather the last days might have made the ice a bit unsafe, so work safe.
Theres nothing we can do about the weather. Mild weather this time of year can be a real challenge. It is much easier to stay dry and warm at -25 than at 0.

Twodogs

Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Many thanks for the update :)

As you say theres not a lot we can do about mild weather it wont stop me having fun though :cool:.

How I look at it if theres ice the pulk with move its only a short-ish move to our planned base area once were set up were away :camping:.

Andy, If you want to move up to the lake with us as it will make your life easier your welcome to , you can then move to a bit of the lake that suit you :27:as and when .

This to me is part or the fun of our trips roll with the punchs :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Twodogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
I think you will get some fine days in there. The weatherforecast does not look to bad after all.
If the weather cools a bit I plan to walk/ski in on sunday morning and stay till monday, but it depends a bit on the weather.
What lake are you planning to make your camp?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE