North West Delamere 07 pictures by Matt-W (photo heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi All,

I tried to post them in the Gallery but there is a limit on how many you can post so I thought I would post them here in a separate thread. I hope this is ok...

Delamere07001.jpg

Delamere07002.jpg

Delamere07003.jpg

Delamere07004.jpg

Delamere07005.jpg

Delamere07006.jpg

Delamere07007.jpg

Delamere07008.jpg

Delamere07009.jpg

Delamere07010.jpg

Delamere07011.jpg

Delamere07012.jpg

Delamere07013.jpg

Delamere07014.jpg

Delamere07015.jpg

Delamere07016.jpg

Delamere07017.jpg

Delamere07018.jpg

Delamere07019.jpg

Delamere07020.jpg

Delamere07021.jpg

Delamere07022.jpg

Delamere07023.jpg

Delamere07024.jpg

Delamere07025.jpg

Delamere07026.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Some cracking photos there, bringing back the memorys of a great weekend for me and finally getting to meet some of the people I have known online for quite a while. I didn't realise the snap at Waylands' (Have I put that apostophe in the correct place Gary?!) huge tarp was being taken, probably because, as with so many people, the conversation was that interesting I didn't have a clue what was going on around me!

I could have spent hours in Waylands' camp looking at his kit and all manner of good stuff, and that stuff in the bottle that did a passaround was quite an interesting thing too! I did mean to ask though, what exactly is the brass strip in your craftwork bucket thingy, is it a measure of some sort?

We tried the heated wire around the bottle to create a candle holder but with little success, also the method with parrafin and string, but again it was a partial success. I think we should probably try using a wine bottle next time. Also, Goose showed a quick red bull stove and he wanted to show us his fire demonstration, but nothing seemed to want to work this weekend and had to be discussed in more of a theoretical way. And the less said about Ther**te Br**dhead arrows the better! :lmao:

A great weekend, I can't wait for the next one, and many thanks to Ratbag for ferrying me there and back and putting up with me getting sidetracked resulting in us leaving an hour or so later than planned! :eek:

Dec 20, 2006
Staffordshire
Thanks Matt for putting up the photos :) and of course a big thanks for goose for for putting in the effort to arrange
the NW meeting first place . :You_Rock_
How else would I have got to meet the best bunch of people I've met in a long while, and become brave enough to put my own posting up without ghost writing though the misses<xylaria>. :eek:

Yes matt your right the bread baking shot looks dead professional and not a snap at all.
Makes me wish i got my camera and not left it in my pocket all weekend.

Drying our tent out at the mo. Weather was great except for the take-down sunday evening .
Oh.and got home safe and sound , no worries on the TRIP back home although the oncoming drivers would have to accept being gurned at when i changed gear. The ankles o.k. and i should be fine in a week or two.

O.k. I've been bitten by the bug now , so when is the next meet up????

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I really look tired in that photo of me when i was doing the firebreathing.lol
Great weekend loved it all i have said it before but its worth saying it again in another post. Thanks to everybody for making it so good. :You_Rock_

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi all,
I would love to post some of my pictures on here but don't know how to do it.
Please could someone help me out and let me know how to post them on the site.
Thanks a lot,
Ben

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
fishaben said:
Hi all,
I would love to post some of my pictures on here but don't know how to do it.
Please could someone help me out and let me know how to post them on the site.
Thanks a lot,
Ben
There's a thread somewhere explaining how, but I cannot be bothered to look for it! So, you need to host your pictures with photobucket or imageshack. I use photobucket. Once you have registered and all that, you can upload your pictures to photobucket. This is fairly straight forward and obvious once you see the layout of their page.

Once the photo is uploaded, it will have three lines of gobbledygook underneath, one with url, one with img and the other one that I can't remember! You want img. You simply left click on the img gobbldygook and it will say "copied" or similar, then you come onto BCUK and paste into your post and that is it. It puts the tags on for you so you don't have to do anything except paste either by right click and going to "paste" or by pressing control and "v".

I hope that helps you out!

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi Ben,

I myself use Photobucket to host pictures but there are quite a few photo hosting sites around

Go to www.photobucket.com or equivalent and open a free account. Then you simply click on 'upload photos' and browse to where they are on your PC and click OK.

They will then be copied onto the hosting server under your virtual album (you can also create many sub albums).

Within your album you will see thumbnail images of your photos and with then there will be various text fields with code in that you use to display images on other websites. The one you will be interested will be the code with the IMG tags around it.

When you wish to include a photo within a post, simply copy and paste the 'IMG' code right into the message body (the text box where you type your messages).

One thing to be aware of is the size of images you post as not everyone has broadband and most sites have maximum image size rules. Simply re-size your images within the virtual album again it is easy peasy - just click 'resize image' and select something appropriate.

Sorry if I have either made this sound overly complicated or am teaching granny to suck eggs but it really is pretty easy.

Hope this helps.

Edit: or just follow what Spam said who got in before me ;)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
spamel said:
One thing I'm not sure on is the amount of pictures you can put on. I have loads on mine, is there a limit though?

You mean on Photobucket Spam? I've just checked their FAQ'd and it states - Up to 1 GB of space for images and video clips.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Sorry Guys,

I've just realised that I look to have been somewhat selfish with the title of this thread. Of course anyone is welcome to post their pictures in it - I should have just named it North West Delamere 07 pictures (photo heavy). :eek:

Sorry.

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
cheers for your help guys, lets see if it works.
Here are some photos of the meet that I took.

Mysetup.jpg
[/IMG]
Chipfattinoven.jpg
[/IMG]
Dolly.jpg
[/IMG]
Dolly2.jpg
[/IMG]
Allroundthecampfire.jpg
[/IMG]
Andygooseincanoe2.jpg
[/IMG]
AndyGooseincanoe.jpg
[/IMG]
GaryWaylandinhiscanoe.jpg
[/IMG]
GaryWaylandinhiscanoe2.jpg
[/IMG]
GaryandJohntalkingincaneos.jpg
[/IMG]
Grahamincanoe.jpg
[/IMG]
Johnincanoe.jpg
[/IMG]
Waylandpreparingfordogride.jpg
[/IMG]
Thaiandnanook.jpg
[/IMG]
nanook.jpg
[/IMG]
Oof, they are a bit big, any way of solving that?
Was a great weekend and I can't wait until the next one
Cheers for the help again.
Ben

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Ben,

You can resize those within the photobucket album. Just click on 'edit' at the top of your picture then click on resize and select 'Message Board (640 x 480)'.

Gailainne

Life Member
Ben install "Flock" as well when it uploads from your computer to photobucket you can set the resizer then, I have mine set to 800, that also means they upload faaaar quicker.

Great photos by the way.

I posted most of mine on the original thread, but heres some of the others

Xylarias partner and Fishaben giving it laldy on Gooses huge fire stick, Xylaria in the forground, Stu(Neanderthal) sitting behind
CIMG0034.jpg

Smoldering
CIMG0037.jpg

Neanderthal giving a very impressive demo on from smoke to flame
CIMG0040.jpg

Sitting around the campfire setting the world to rights :D
CIMG0013.jpg

An experiment with my camera I lilked
CIMG0012.jpg

Stephen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE