Its been a long time since I put needle to leather.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hope this finds you all well in 2023.

I haven't done a jot of leather work in many many moons so with Christmas just passed I decided to jump back in.
I had an axe sheath that was handing by a thread and also a new knife that was being irked by its kydex sheath so these two were to ease my self back into things. I also intend to start bending some wood again soon so a nice gentle way back into using my hands again for something other than just hitting things :)

These aren't brilliant and I nearly ruined the knife sheath but thought I would post them any way. It was amazing how much I had forgotten about the process and how many little bits I needed to stock up on again. Next foray will be a few more then onto some Kidex then into the bow making again come the warmer months.

nMr4hUM.jpg

nhkf4Sm.jpg

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Don't do what I did the other day and put your awl through the webbing between your thumb and forefinger. I can make a thing or two out of leather, but I cannot stitch anything like as neatly as that.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Tidy stitching :)

Yep, I've got a few staves to bend!
:)

I have roughed out a few nice staves and given them away as blanks for folk to finish. Upon reflection I not sure if that was more generosity or cowardice/avoidance ;)

I need to sort out my work space before I can get going again, not to mention putting work into the stave stock which is bare at best,

Hope you also manage to get back to torturing timber soon. Post something if you do.

Reactions: Macaroon

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Don't do what I did the other day and put your awl through the webbing between your thumb and forefinger. I can make a thing or two out of leather, but I cannot stitch anything like as neatly as that.
I will admit its been a while since I put needle to nail lol. However awl through webbing eek!
I do have an advantage as I do have a splint on one finger due to a snapped tendon but it does make for a good thimble :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE