New Camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I recently acquired a Panasonic Lumix DMC- FZ8. I'm still learning to use it but what I've seen so far I'm very impressed with it.

Here's a couple pictures I took the other day. Comments welcome :)
butterfly-A.jpg

butterfly2-A.jpg

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
I have one of these cameras and get more and more impressed with it everytime I use it. Its the first decent camera I have had since selling my SLR and dark room some years ago and it does exactly what I want it to do.

Now all I have to do is to keep telling myself that I don't want to put it in a housing and take it wreck diving...

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
I was looking at one these the other day.... Great camera, but sadly its doesn give me enough of an upgrade from my Panasonic Lumix TZ5.

To be honest though any of the high end Panasonics are the best bang for buck!

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
Picked up an used Mamiya MF camera for under £200, with WA and standard lenses. Panasonic still the best bang for the buck?

:D
I have no experience of it mate so I couldn't compare. IMO Panasonic is the best bang for buck.

Of course if you know your stuff you can always find a bargin, but as a off the shelf out of the box, always in stock, at the same price (cheaper at christmas) - yeah I stand by my statement

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I wondered what the pics looked like, when I checked dpreview they didn't have anything up then, doesn't look too bad for what it is, how's the sharpness of the lens?

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Good to see someone else shooting MF!

Bet you get some lovely shots in .se.

Yeah, sure do. I went from slr to 6x6 to dslr, then to a combination of dslr, 6x7 and 5x4". I think around 70% of my keepers comes from film. MF is my main choice, I like working with film, I spend so much time in front of the computer at work, so working with something as concrete as film feels good, both to the hands and the eyes. I really like the magic when the pictures start appearing from the papers. It's like christmas everytime!

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I miss fully Manual, my first camera was fully manual, no lightmeter or anything, all on B&W film, I miss those days... Mind you, saying that I still take a roll now and again, I think I'm addicted to the smell of developer and fixer :D It's getting expensive now though.

Yeah, sure do. I went from slr to 6x6 to dslr, then to a combination of dslr, 6x7 and 5x4". I think around 70% of my keepers comes from film. MF is my main choice, I like working with film, I spend so much time in front of the computer at work, so working with something as concrete as film feels good, both to the hands and the eyes. I really like the magic when the pictures start appearing from the papers. It's like christmas everytime!

Me too, i'm always on the computer. Do security work.

I don't often shoot film these days, but i think we just take more time when we're shooting film, becuase we know each frame has a dollar value, as it were.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE