Natures Craft Fundamentals bushcraft weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Just returned from the Fundamentals bushcraft weekend with www.naturescraft.co.uk in Wiltshire run by Andy Noble (Known as andyn on Bushcraft UK forums). Being new to the whole bushcraft thing I was a little apprehensive but glad I went on the course since met some great people on the course with me and the instructors like Andy, Mike,Paul, and young Kieran where excellent and down to earth and didn’t make you feel you where under pressure to do anything you didn’t want to but would help you to achieve the lesson being taught. Even when I was sure I had defective birch bark on the fire lighting lesson a few words on encouragement and a point in the right direction from Paul and Andy got me sparking away with the firesteel. I also went back to basics with lighting a fire with flint and steel which I had seen in many programs but never achieved myself until I went on the course although do admit to giving up on the bow drill technique since personally I just couldn’t get that to work for me. On the Friday night Mike took a few of us Badger watching which was amazing seeing these wild animals snuffling about and playing just a few metres away from us. Saturday was the main day and had us building shelters, testing our senses in the woods, knife work, game prep,and many other things. On the Sunday we did tracking and plant recognition and shown how to make cordage which is a skill I plan to put to good use when I do living history shows.
So to sum up if your looking to go on a Bushcraft course I would highly recommend going on one of the Natures Craft courses since I found you take a lot for granted in the modern world and going back to basics makes you stop and think how we used to live and how much simpler it was. The course was full of fun things to learn not only about the environment we where in but also about your own personal senses and learning more respect for the woodland environment.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Naturescraft and Andy & co. get a good rep :approve:
Thank you for the review :cool: and glad it turned out to be a great weekend.

cheers,
Toddy

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Ian,

Really pleased you had a good weekend. Was great that the weather on Sunday turned out to be so good. Nice to practice in a variety of conditions.
I've put some photos of the course up on facebook if you want to take a look.

Was good to meet you, and hopefully we will share a campfire again in the future, all the best for now
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE