multi fuel stove....what fuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I have one and can confirm there is a wire inside the braided line for cleaning (I think that's what it's for- instructions were in Chinese!)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I seem to remember many discussions on this Chinese stove on Spiritburner.com - basically all knock-offs of the genuine Kovea Booster, which by the way is an excellent stove - one of my favourites on gas and petrol). General consensus was that it works great on gas and petrol (Aspen 4/Coleman fuel/panelwipe), but very poor on paraffin. Also more than a few problems with connectors leaking etc.

You pays your money and takes your choice:)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I never knew kovea was a proper company, always thouht it was just a name made up to make chaep stuff sound proper.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Nah - Korean company - produced top-end stoves and other stuff for companies like Brunton. Their genuine Kovea Booster range was copied by the Chinese, even to the extent of copying the box design, and using the word "Booster" on their packaging! Difference in quality is very substantial though.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Liking the original... Saving for an MSR whisper light universal but this has changed my mind... (Apologies for the hijack!)

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It has been said that spares may be a problem in the future, I wonder if the kovea spares fit, as they appear a direct copy, if not from the same factory

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Fwiw I've run mine for well over a year now on shell unleaded. No issues. It gets dirty but I use a can of carb cleaner and a nailbrush to clean it.

Running it that way has saved me a serious amount of money compared to using Aspen or even panel wipe.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Fwiw I've run mine for well over a year now on shell unleaded. No issues. It gets dirty but I use a can of carb cleaner and a nailbrush to clean it.

Running it that way has saved me a serious amount of money compared to using Aspen or even panel wipe.

How much is serious money?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE